Need help with repeating groups displaying date & Time

See screens shot below
Hey guys! I need some help. I’d like for the blue button to be programmed with the current date every time it’s seen and the rest of the buttons that say “today” to be programmed with the dates that follow after. I would like it to be formatted this way:

TODAY TUES WED THURS FRI SAT and the number beneath it
Time would be displayed in a repeating group going vertically like this:

if the current time is 9:23 am this first box would be 30 minutes later:

10:00 am

10:30 am

11:00 am etc.

Now for the open space with the circle icon I would like it to display times. For instance, I’d like the first slot to bed 30 minutes later than the current time and would like it to continue this way, but I cannot figure out how to do this. I hope this made sense. Can you help?

Thanks in advance.

I have some questions

1. Do you have your database set up in a way to provide the time slots for the times?

If not, you need to have something to create the time slots. There is a free plugin called Calendar Tools that can do this for you.

There is an example editor to help understand how it works.

1. When you have the day of the week on top of the number in the same repeating group are you expecting to show Today with all time slots so Today 11AM, Today 11:30AM, Today 12:00PM followed by Tues 11AM, Tues 11:30AM, Tues 12:00PM etc.

Or do you want separate repeating groups for each day of the week that follows the current day?

To show the day as TUES/WED etc. use the :formatted as operator and select custom and set it to ddd and then make it uppercase

My example uses the current date and time, you will not, you need to figure where your date/times are coming from which is related to my first question.

For Today you need to do something like this.

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 9.53.30 PM

Again, you need to figure out where your dates are coming from, but you basically need only to extract the day portion and match it in a basic sense, but again this depends on where the dates are coming from.

For the time portion

Putting this into one group to display is simple, just take the same formatted examples and put them into the same element

1. No I don’t. I didn’t have the slightest clue where to start. I am EXTREMELY new to tech so I’m learning as I go along.

2. " do you want separate repeating groups for each day of the week that follows the current day?" Yes, this is what I want.

3. “My example uses the current date and time, you will not, you need to figure where your date/times are coming from which is related to my first question.” it be possible to do this as an option set?

1 and 3. I would use the calendartool plugin or perhaps the 1T Day of Week plugin

1. You will need to have multiple repeating groups or just one with some conditionals to change the datasource based on the conditionals which should be tied into your UX design.

Working with dates and time can be quite confusing. If you feel you need more detailed instructions feel free to PM about coaching/mentor sessions.

Also check out everything you can on the forum concerning how dates and times work, especially forum threads posted by Keith.

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face: