New and looking for advice

Hello, I am new to Bubble and want to start building apps, however I don’t know how to get experience. I’ve gone through AirDev’s training program, which I found to be very good, but I don’t know where to go from here. I have been in IT for 20+ years doing front end Systems Admin work, but am making a career change and want to start working from home building apps. I think there are standards I need to learn and working with or for a development agency would be a great way to gain those skills. However most of the jobs I see want someone that already has experience.

I’d appreciate any guidance or advice you can provide.
Thank you

1 Like

Hi @tmowreader,

Welcome to Bubble! Hope you’re having a great time so far.

If you want to gain experience, I suggest you first try to build a couple of apps or clone a handful of famous websites/platform — this will then give you something to put on your portfolio.

Or if you’re interested in freelancing, I suggest you check out:

http://forum.bubble.io/t/looking-for-3-junior-to-intermediate-developers-to-work-on-frontend-tasks/212004/12

Or if you want to work or collaborate with someone, you can reach out to me. I’m currently looking for an extra helping hand :slight_smile:

Hope you find what you’re looking for.

Cheers,

2 Likes