Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

[New Feature] Multiselect dropdown & tags

Is it possible to have each tag be a different color? If not, is there some other similar plugin/solution which would allow that?

2 Likes

@kevnobrega
This isn’t a complete solution but give this video by Gregory John at Buildcamp a look:
HTML Chips & Tags
It’s something I’m interested in trying once I get the ability to pre-load chosen items (having a bit of trouble with the logic at the moment).

You might be able to create a datatype for your tags that includes a Foreground and Background color fields (and maybe even an icon) associated with each tag entry. Then use the solution G.John demonstrates to dynamically apply the colors to the tag. It’s just a guess but might be worth a try.

Hi All.

I want to perform some actions when user changes value of multi dropdown. I did “Add workflow” for the element, and now I have a workflow that gets triggered when the value of multi-dropdown is changed. However, I can’t access which element was added/deleted.

Is it possible to access before/after here?

Not using the dropdown directly.
You will need to store the value of dropdown before and compare this state with the current value of dropdown.
Or use Selectize dropdown plugin :wink:

1 Like

Thanks @Jici. That’s what I am doing now. Using old and new state.

Thanks for the reference of Selectize plugin. I went through the plugin page but it was not mentioned anywhere that we can access before/after over there. Maybe you should write about full plugin capabilities over there?

Also, one question on it: Is there an option to not let the height of the dropdown increase when more options are selected? Currently when I select more than 3-4 options, the box height keeps increasing as more options are selected. Many a times when many are selected, it starts looking ugly. There is a need to have it remain fixed height even if it means that it won’t show all selected options. It can show as (+n) and all those rest can be shown on clicking that +n.

Hi @mghatiya
There’s a state actually for last value added and the next version will also have last value removed (requested from another user this week).

You also have access to editor to see all plugin capabilities.

And the natural behavior of all multidropdown is to show all items selected. I guess you could do something different using a RG in this case

1 Like

Hello!

I’m wondering how to change this dropdown background color and font color. Also, how can i limit characters per tag (when it’s User input)?

I even made separate thread about it with screenshots:

Will you be able to take a look @emmanuel ?

Maybe you can take a look at problem above @romanmg ?

By the way, i know this plugin only thanks to your YouTube video!