[🌟 New Features: Ultra-Deep Drill] JSON Assistant Plugin: Your Solution to Complex JSON & API Data in Bubble

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. My workflow consists of using J2B. I have added my JS code into it and I trigger it with a simple button. The code calls an API and retrieves a list of results. The results consist of a stock symbol and the corresponding company name. Some processing is done on it in my JS code and the final result is pushed into an array called ‘searchResults’. That code is shown above. To view the results, I send them to the Console.

The results end up looking like this:

[{"Symbol":"W","Description":"WAYFAIR INC- CLASS A"},{"Symbol":"WH","Description":"WYNDHAM HOTELS & RESORTS INC"},{"Symbol":"WD","Description":"WALKER & DUNLOP INC"},{"Symbol":"WU","Description":"WESTERN UNION CO"},{"Symbol":"WE","Description":"WEWORK INC-CL A"},{"Symbol":"WT","Description":"WISDOMTREE INC"},{"Symbol":"WK","Description":"WORKIVA INC"},{"Symbol":"WB","Description":"WEIBO CORP-SPON ADR"},{"Symbol":"WY","Description":"WEYERHAEUSER CO"},{"Symbol":"WF","Description":"WOORI FINANCIAL-SPON ADR"}]

I want to pass these results into a repeating group so I can simply show the Symbol and the Description in each row.

This is how the J2B element is configured:

Whenever I have used J2B in the past I have only generated simple lists such as:

[5, 7, 9, 22, 4, 156, 88]

And then I can set my RG’s data source to the J2B value-list and the RG populates just fine.

Now that I’m creating this new search object, I’m not getting any results into the RG and not quite sure how to set it up. I’m checking out your plugin assuming that it may be able to receive the results of J2B’s searchResults object and parse them in such a way that I can then populate my RG using the data source of the Extractor element.

Not sure if this is the right logic or workflow.

The reason I like to do API calls in JavaScript is that I find they are incredibly faster than populating my RG with a direct API call as the data source. It will work, but doesn’t seem as snappy.

Let me know if I can clarify anything for you. Thanks for your advice.

Cheers,
Dan

1 Like

We are dedicated to assisting our users in setting up and utilizing plugins to ensure the best possible user experience.

The JSON Assistant comes with a state named ‘Index’, which aids in effectively using the data received from the plugins in a Repeating Group (RG).

However, we’ve encountered an issue. Could you please clarify whether this marked section is a typographical error, or is it intended to be exactly as presented?"

Sorry, that was a mistake on my part. I have edited that block in my above posting to remove the last 3 lines that are shown here. The VM1399:38 and following is not part of the section.

1 Like

This is great. :+1:t2:

You can give the same text to the plugin and the plugin will return you 2 lists + index list.
In the first list you will have the Symbols and in the second list the Descriptions. Likewise, the index is available from 1 to the number of items.
Also, there is another list that include the Keys name [Symbol, Description]

Of course, if there are more keys in each object, there is no problem, and their values will also be available to you in separate lists.

:bell::tada: Exciting Update for JSON Assistant - Introducing Custom Keys! :tada::bell:

We’re thrilled to announce a game-changing update to JSON Assistant - the introduction of the Custom Keys feature!

With Custom Keys, you now have the power to specify exactly what keys you want to extract from your JSON data. Simply enter a list of text as key (column) names, and JSON Assistant does the rest, retrieving each one’s corresponding values through the element’s state.

This feature brings a whole new level of flexibility and control to your Bubble applications. Extracting data from APIs, working with external services, or managing complex JSON structures just got a lot easier!

:rocket: Give it a try today and experience the power of Custom Keys in JSON Assistant! :rocket:

2 Likes

Hey guys.

I am waiting for your plugin to be able to filter nested elements, as this is the biggest challange for me currently - that the value I am looking for is on normal level, but parameter - by which I want to filter is nested, sometimes even twice. So keep up the good work as I think the world really needs that kind of a plugin.
Cheers;

1 Like

I agree. Also it would be nice to turn json into a bubble thing using API connector and loading json on client side versus using this kind of approach:

1 Like

That would be great. Thou it would be good as well if we could filter that response on the go, without having to write the code. As this is the biggest challenge I see.

1 Like

Dear @michal.friedrich ,

Thank you so much for sharing your valuable suggestions with us. :star_struck:

We fully understand the challenge of filtering nested elements, and we’re pleased to let you know that we’re currently starting to work on it.

Right now, our plugin allows for filtering of first-level keys, but we’re improving it to also filter nested keys - we believe this is the feature you are looking for.

Your patience and support are much appreciated as we work towards this update.

Stay tuned, we’re confident it will add significant value to your experience.

Kind regards;

2 Likes

Hello Markus,

Firstly, I want to express my gratitude for your constructive feedback. Your suggestion sounds intriguing.

To ensure we fully grasp your idea, could you kindly elaborate a bit more on it?

We believe that your insight could potentially lead to substantial improvements in the plugin, enhancing its usability and efficiency.

Looking forward to hearing more about your thoughts! :raised_hands:t2:

Best regards

Hi!

With the api connector you can create types on content by entering the json manually.

I woudn’t use api end point as a data source but json that is already loaded on the client side.

Not sure if it’s possible but this way it would be easier to keep using other bubble features with the json data that is saved to the text field for example.

I hope this explains it a bit.

1 Like

Thanks for more explanation about the feature. Yes, I totally understand it now.

Unfortunately, as far as we know, it’s currently not possible to create dynamic datatypes in the plugin that are generated according to user JSON.

However, we’re exploring an alternative solution.
We plan to develop an open-source plugin that mimics the output of the API connector. While it won’t strictly follow the same design, it will function in a similar way. We’ll provide the necessary training so that you can tailor the plugin to your specific needs.

JSON + Listopia

Given your use of JSON, I believe that Listopia, our newly launched plugin, could prove very valuable for your project.
To see it in action, we invite you to explore a demonstration of how JSON Assistant and Listopia work together on this page.
In this example, according to the action that is being displayed on the page, we extract its description from JSON.
(This is for before the recent update)

1. It’s just one example - the potential applications are virtually unlimited.

If you’re interested, we would be more than happy to provide you with unrestricted, free access to Listopia.

I hope this information proves useful.

Dear @michal.friedrich,

I’m thrilled to share some exciting news with you! We have successfully incorporated the functionality you requested into the plugin.

You now have the convenient option to specify the exact key you wish to filter. If you have nested keys, simply list them consecutively, separated by periods, as demonstrated in the accompanying image.

Moreover, we have also introduced the capability to filter values based on text. You can utilize the “equal” and “not equal” operators to filter text values.

We sincerely appreciate your valuable suggestion for this feature. :star_struck:

If you have any inquiries or encounter any difficulties, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We’re here to assist you.

Best regards,

2 Likes

Hi.

This looks completely awesome! I will try it to filter this crazy API Response which I have.
If this is as good as it looks, it may really help me in great matter.

This is insane how supportive the bubble community is!

Best regards guys and girls!

1 Like

Hi Michal,

Thank you for your kind words!
We believe it will be very helpful in filtering your API response effectively.

The Bubble community is not only supportive but also incredibly generous with their expertise, providing assistance to users selflessly and without any expectation of reward.
As members of this vibrant community, it is our duty to extend our help to users of our plugins and contribute to the collective knowledge base.

What truly sets the community apart is the remarkable spirit of camaraderie, where individuals consistently go above and beyond to assist others. This collaborative and supportive environment is what makes the Bubble community truly awesome.

Best regards,
Mehrdad

2 Likes

[Tutorial] Storing JSON Data in Bubble Database with JSON Assistant Plugin

We’re excited to share our new tutorial on how to store multiple items from a JSON into a Bubble database using our plugin, JSON Assistant. We’ve crafted this video to guide you through this process in a step-by-step manner, making it easier for Bubblers of all skill levels to follow along.

In creating this tutorial, we’ve chosen to make it a muted video with on-screen text instructions and annotations guiding you through each step. We believe this format might be beneficial for those who prefer to learn at their own pace, or in environments where audio might not be suitable.

However, we would really appreciate your feedback on this.
How do you feel about this format compared to a traditional voiced tutorial?
Do you find it easier to follow, or would you prefer the use of an AI voice to explain the steps?

Your feedback is invaluable in helping us improve and create content that best suits our Bubble community.

So, please, don’t hesitate to share your thoughts and experiences with us.

1 Like

:loudspeaker:

Important Announcement: Price Adjustment for JSON Assistant

Hello Wonderful Community!

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to bring your attention to some important changes in our pricing strategy, specifically regarding the JSON Assistant plugin.

Since the inception of this plugin, our core mission has been to offer value to our users, while maintaining an affordable price tag. We wanted everyone, regardless of their budget, to have access to the extensive features and the quality that JSON Assistant provides. And we’ve been heartened by your support, the positive feedback and your active participation in making JSON Assistant an even better product.

Over the past few months, we’ve added a plethora of new features to JSON Assistant, making it a more robust and versatile tool for your bubble development journey. These enhancements have made it possible for you to do more with less time and effort, and that’s something we take pride in. However, the upkeep and further development of these additional features naturally comes with an increase in costs on our end.

That’s why, after careful consideration, we’ve decided to increase the price of JSON Assistant. We want to make it clear that this decision was not taken lightly. We understand that affordability was one of the key reasons many of you chose our plugins, and we did our best to maintain the price for as long as possible. But in order to keep improving and adding new features, we have to make this adjustment.

The new pricing will go into effect at the end of this week. Importantly, this change will NOT affect the users who have already purchased JSON Assistant - your one-time purchase ensures lifetime access for the project it was purchased for. However, if you were planning to use JSON Assistant for any future projects, we recommend purchasing the plugin before the price increase comes into effect.

Lastly, I want to take this opportunity to share with you that our team is continuously working on adding more innovative features to JSON Assistant. We are thrilled about the future of our plugin and believe that, despite the price change, it will continue to deliver fantastic value to all of you.

Thank you for your understanding and continued support. We are truly grateful to this community, and we promise to use the additional resources to make JSON Assistant even better.

Best,
Mehrdad

$5 is more than a fair price :+1:

I’ve recently been fiddling with JSON in my app and maybe I missed something. Is there a way to read the values of a specific key without using an action?

2 Likes

Hey @ihsanzainal84

Unfortunately, our plugin didn’t have this feature natively before, so you’d need to add the specific key to the custom keys list to read its values.

Good news, though!
We’ve been working to improve this, and we just released an update for the plugin that includes this feature. You should be able to read the values of a specific key without any extra action.

Be sure to update your plugin to make your bubble life a little easier!

Also, I’d like to take a moment to express our gratitude for your continued support.

Your faith in us keeps us motivated to strive for better, and it truly means a lot to our team. We genuinely appreciate you and thank you for sticking with us. You’re not just a user of our plugins, but a valued part of our team.

Thanks a ton! :blush::pray:

1 Like

As always, you never cease to amaze me with the plugin support!

1 Like