New free plugin (9 march/20) - Orchestra! Refer to inside repeating groups cell(s) from outside

I got the error message to disappear but the pictures from the list of images aren’t being shown yet. Its just a blank screen with a question mark box in the middle.

When I click the filter button, I expect the pictures on the slider to show up
but keep getting an empty slide with a question mark

I am on a time crunch and this is a crucial part of my project

Please advice

@vini_brito this plugin looks awesome and I’m very sure that it fits my use case but for some reason I can’t seem to figure out one piece of the puzzle. I have a repeating group of potential supplies to purchase with an input in the repeating group for the customers to put in the amount of the supply they are looking to purchase. Then upon clicking purchase, I would put a condition to create a list of things for only supplies that the input is not empty. That is all fine but I’m trying to figure out how to reference the inputs in each row to “create my thing”. I would need to get the supply and the amount inputted for each item and I’m having trouble with how I would identify the different values within each cell. Thanks in advance!

Try cloning the example into your app, then modifying it to fit your logic (:

Thanks @vini_brito I did. My issue being that in your example you are only referring to one repeating group item per cell. I am looking for an example that references to multiple things per cell to see how to make that connection

I don’t understand the issue :yum: tell me more?

@vini_brito Attaching a photo below. I was able to figure it out by creating a temp data type and to clear that data type once the submit order button is pressed but wondering if your plugin can help in the future. As you can see each row is referring to a different supply and has different variables that I would like to use when creating a new thing “order item”. Is there any way to use your plugin that would allow me to pull each variable/parameter cleanly when creating my thing. For example. pull the “count” parameter for the quantity ordered and the “item total” for the total spent on that supply.

Thank you for the plugin!

I was just wondering if… Is it possible to send the data from a group’s custom state A that is inside a repeating group A, to a group’s custom state B that is inside a repeating group B, with Orchestra?

Helo! Congratulations for the amazing plugin @vini_brito !

a doubt, could I use this between pages? for example, taking an ID that is inside another ID to another page?

If by page you mean a normal bubble page, then you can save it in the database and load it up in the other page.

understand. my problem is that I’m not using Bubble’s DB. I am only using external api.
Do you have any ‘tips’ on how to carry out this process?

Thanks!

Start using Bubble’s DB :yum:
Or use any plugin that writes local variables.

thanks @vini_brito ! :slight_smile:

Hey guys, I am new to bubble and am having a hard time using this plugin to work for what I need.

I need to get the sumproduct of the columns “Rate” and “Containers” (see image below) to calculate the total value of an invoice. Thing is, these columns come from a “complex” conditional rationale, so I can’t just reference them in my database directly. So I need to reference the elements inside the repeating group, get whatever value they are displaying and perform the sumproduct.

Help pls?

ps in the example below the values under “containers” all equal to “1”, but that is not always the case.

Copy the example into your app, the one that extracts the value.
In that case, alter it to do any math instead of merely extracting the value.

This is exactly what I have been looking for. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

1 Like

Can this be used to reference a RG cell from a nested RG i.e. one level up. Unless I’m missing something, this isn’t available natively?
Cheers

I tried using it but this is the info I got…and a request to report it to the plug in author :slight_smile:

@raharley0 I haven’t built it to be used with nested repeating groups, like having two different instances, maybe in the future I can look into it :blush:

@knowaczy Yep! Make sure all cells being triggered are loaded, for example, this error happens when cell number 9 is triggered but the repeating group only has 5 items in it.

Hey @vini_brito

i have a tiny stylistic feature request I hope you would consider.

Can you add some kind of option to have a background for the musician and maestro elements (in the editor screen)? it would make it a little easier to work with and remember where I leave the elements. At the current time, when I want to find the element I always search for it in the element searcher area thingy :rofl:

1 Like

Oh, sure! Definitely added that to the backlog. That’s the kind of thing we only give an afterthought sometimes, so the poking is definitely welcome :yum:

1 Like