Generate a non-repeating, random string of a chosen length. Optionally choose a custom character set!
This plugin is excellent for generating 2FA login codes, as you can generate codes that are easy for the end user to read.
- Create a workflow event and click to add an action.
- Under Plugins, select “Generate Random String”.
- Set the length of the string you wish to generate. If you choose a number larger than the length of the character set, the plugin will only return a string with the length of the character set.
- Choose whether to include numbers, uppercase characters, lowercase characters, and/or symbols (note: you must choose at least one of these or the plugin will return the string ‘error’)
- Choose to include or exclude ambiguous characters (1, l, i, 0, o, O)
- You can also enable “Use Custom Character Set” and input your own set of characters instead of using the preset characters as described above.
- Use your generated number in the next step of your workflow!