[new Plugin] App Tourz & Hintz by BA Studios. (now with custom alerts with yes/no workflows too!)

Thanks, as always! BTW great plugin!

1 Like

I appreciate the compliment! Feel free to leave a review if youā€™re so inclined! Thanks for the feedback and improvement suggestion!

Hi @jared.gibb ,
I rely on your plugin and I think it needs an update, can you please update this?
It takes extra time to load my app because a js is unable to load:

Hi Jared
Man, you are a busy individual.
This plugin will be ideal for my Angels Grooming app and sounds like a great idea.
I will definitely get it once I have my calendar working.
Regards, Mark.

I will look into this ASAP. I will report back later today. Thanks for bringing this to my attention and sorry that itā€™s causing you issues.

i do not use popper.js in this plugin.

can you share the page you are using that on?

Sorry if Iā€™ve missed this info about the tourz plugin, but is there a way to show/hide elements during the tour? For instance if I want to highlight an element thatā€™s currently not shown when I start the tour, can I show it when I want to highlight it, then hide it so I can highlight another element perhaps not showing at the time? Thanks

Probably with some tweaks . Let me think about this. Iā€™m pretty sure I can inject a tour stop at any position in the array

Currently though, no. Not possible. A workaround could be showing all elements at first behind a ā€œscreenā€ and then hiding the elements just before hiding the screen and then starting the tour. So all elements ā€œvisibleā€ but one element has a higher z-index and would cover the entire screen so technically the required elements wouldā€™ve rendered in the dom and thus not cause a tour app breaking error.

But you could also make several tours that end before the element appears and a new one starts after the event appears. I think this would be a lot more workflows but Iā€™m not :100: on that

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure if this issue is unique to my app, but when I use this plugin, and run the app in debug, my inspect button (for debugging) disappears. This makes debugging other issues quite difficult. Is this something I can fix on my end? Thanks

you know, i have never noticed that but it does the same to me. perhaps @eve could suggest some ideas here or perhaps bubble could check this out and identify the blocking script?

https://jaredgibb.bubbleapps.io/version-test?debug_mode=true

this ^^ is the demo page. if you notice, you can see the speed of debugging buttons but not the ā€˜inspectā€™ button

@jared.gibb @ben4
Did either of you ever figure out how to use Orchestra to get Tourz to refer to elements inside a repeating group?

For sure! Just be sure each element has a uniqueID and that itā€™s actually been rendered before you add that your step.

I finally did this. For me It took a mixture of url parameters and values saved to the user but yes itā€™s doable.

@jared.gibb I see that you can put html tags in the tutorial. Iā€™ve played around with it a little bit but havenā€™t been able to get a video to work. Is it possible to put a video in? via YouTube or some other means?

@jared.gibb Hello,

Does this plugin accept dynamic titles and descriptions?

This is because of different languages and translations.

Thank you

Hey there

Great question. The plug-in does not accept dynamic names, it requires a fixed list to be fed in prior to the start of the tour. I would probably use an option set and it conditionally control which options that fills those instructions. Thatā€™s what I would do anyways.

alternatively, You could probably do some kind of database entries and translate them into each language that you need it in and then dynamically control which database entries get fed into the tour plug-in based on the language of the current user

Thank you for the clarification.

The way you indicate complicates a lot when you have many languages.
Can you make these two fields dynamic in the plugin?
Thanks

Hi @jared.gibb this plugin broke the layout of my site on the new responsive engine. May need an update.
All groups were shifted to the left.

Uninstalling fixed the issue but may be something to look into