[new Plugin] App Tourz & Hintz by BA Studios. (now with custom alerts with yes/no workflows too!)

Hey bubblers,

[Finally approved]

Plugin Page

Bubble Editor - Jaredgibb

Welcome to Tourz and Hintz by BA Studios. A lightweight plugin allowing you to tour your users around your app. Improve your onboarding experience greatly. Also feel free to leave helpful reminder beacons around your app.

Turn these on via workflows. Know if your user completes the tour or if they dont via workflows. Make the tours as long or as short as you want.

You can trigger these events at any time via workflows. However, you should be sure to load any desired Hintz or Tourz locations on the ‘Page loaded’ event. If they are added during any workflows, the tours will be longer than they should be.

Tourz Instructions:

• Add the tour element to the page you wish to tour
  • Expose the ability to add an element ID via your apps settings page
  • Set each element you wish to highlight’s elementID and don’t forget it!
  • via the ‘on screen load’ workflow, you will add each element you wish to include in the tour (in order) with the Element Action ‘Add spot’
    -For each desired element, you must include the elementId at a minimum (title and note are optional)
    -When you have added all desired elements, include the Element Action ‘start tour’

Tourz exposes 2 workflow Events:
‘User finished tour’ - use this to trigger other events only after a user has completed an entire tour.
‘user left tour early’ - use this to trigger other events only if the user leaves the tour before viewing all elements.

Hintz Instructions:

• Add the Hintz element to the page you wish to tour
  • Expose the ability to add an element ID via your apps settings page
  • Set each element you wish to highlight’s elementID and don’t forget it!
  • via the ‘on screen load’ workflow, you will add each element you wish to include in the tour with the Element Action ‘Add spot’
    -For each desired element, you must include the elementId at a minimum (title and note are optional)
    -When you have added all desired elements, include the Element Action ‘start tour’
    jaredgibb.bubbleapps.io

[update]
Today i was able to work in the events ‘when user completes tour’ and ‘when user leaves tour early’. These could be used for several reasons. One could be to meter how many users actually complete onboarding before beginning to use the app!

[update 1/24]

I have upgraded the plugin and tied it in with a sideswiped navigator!
take a tour and let me know what you think of the process!!
use the u/n: jared.gibb@gmail.com
and the p/w: 123456

Scorecardx.bubbleapps.io/mobile

Update 1/26/21

This plugin is now live and ready!!

Here is the plugin page!

Plugin Page

Bubble Editor - Jaredgibb

Demo on single page

Demo w/ Single Page App

[update]
Tourz wasn’t looking good on mobile. Updated the JS and CSS to make it work!

Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 5.00.18 PM

If you wanna try before you buy, drop me a message with your app name! Improve your onboarding process today!

Leave helpful reminders around your app too. Trigger their appearance through workflows so they show up at just the right time!

[update 1.3.1]

-cleaned up the js and (minified for no good reason)
-there was a bug with restarting the tour. that has been fixed
-added the ability to fire off alerts.
-now can use the popup alert modal with custom text and title via workflows

[update] 1.4.0

-fixed issue with starting/restarting tours
-fixed issue with hints not appearing and throwing errors
-added feature of setting custom hint color and size along with pulse width

[update] 5.0
-added the ability to fire off custom alerts with deny/accept buttons
-there are 3 events total. user_responded_to_alert, user_denied_alert, and user_accepted_alert
-all that’s needed is an alert name, title, text, and preferred icon
then add the corresponding workflow. check the demo editor for an example of how to set this up

6 Likes

Hey Hey,

I dont seem to be able to use Hintz anymore. When I place the Hintz element on a page and go to the workflow, it tells me that I have to choose a Hintz element but none are visible.

Quick video reference: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software

Let me know when we can get this going again :slight_smile:

All the best,
Benjamin

Update: It looks like it might be a bubble issue. Thought I’d point that out. :slight_smile:

That’s strange! Did that happen after an update of mine or an update from bubble?

Hey @ben4 ! I just tried to reproduce this issue. I updated to version 12 for the demo app. no issue there.

do you have other plugins running on that page?

Hey @jared.gibb,

It doesn’t seem to be working for any plugin where I have to reference the element on the page. This means I cant use any tour app. Well, at least I am not able to use any plugin that has a reference to an element.

Benjamin

Can you open the console in your editor. See if there are any errors?

I submitted a bug report, but if this helps :slight_smile: Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks for doing that. Yeah that’s weird. I tried it on my demo app and I wasn’t having any of those issues. Hopefully you get it figured out soon. If you do get something figured out I’d love to hear what the solution was. How’s the plug and working out for you otherwise when it does work?

Bubble got back to me, it was because the element was inside of a repeating group. That would be super handy to have though. Anyway, thank you!

Orchestra may solve this. I use my chart plugin to produce chart images from a RG

I export these images to a pdf using pdf conjurer

I think you would have to do something like that. It’s coded right now might not allow for that but if you give me a week I can probably set something up. It may tho. You should test that out and get back!

1 Like

I completely forgot about Orchestra. That is genius. Thank you!

Did you get this sorted out?

I haven’t got back to this yet. Thank you for following up!

Benjamin

1 Like

Just pushed an update. Should be working again. There was some kind of issue on the demo. Also elements were offscreen. I believe both issues have been addressed. I’ll wait on feedback!

Sorry to bug you @ben4, I wonder if you were able to sort out the issues?

Hi, is there a way to disable the alert popup at the end of the tour?

1 Like

Thanks for asking @abdul! Absolutely if you give me a day or 2. Likely can implement that change by end of day tomorrow!

1 Like

Excellent. I value you your prompt response.

1 Like

It’s live! I couldn’t wait to find out if I could pull it off! I just pushed the update!

Amazing! Thank you.

1 Like

Hi Jared,
Where can I find these events?Screenshot - 2021-04-22T181453.684

You’ll find these in the workflow events