[New plugin] Beautiful Customizable Charts and Graphs (ApexCharts.js)

Hi Thimo,

I am facing an issue with the annotation on bar chart. I have a chart Wich can show expense over last months accordingly to category of expenses. The annotation is a preset budget for the categorie. But, I change the categorie the chart keeps annotation of previous catégories and I end up with chart displaying different budget. Is there a way to clear annotation or reset it?!
Screenshot_2021-02-06-10-54-51-54|225x500

Hi @ambassa.steve ,

The current version of the plugin doesn’t support removal of annotations. I think I can add this in the coming update for you so I will look into that! :slight_smile:

You are amazing! thanks in advance !

Update 6.8.0

Added the ‘Remove’ and ‘Clear’ Annotations workflow actions!

Hi @Thimo ,

Can you maybe help me with one question: How can I have a “continued” x-axis without having the data? Difficult to explain, let me use an example:

Let’s say I have the following info:

Money spent (Y-Axis)
Day

And the following thing with these two data fields:

1. Data field 1: Money spent
  2. Data field 2: Date

Then the user does the following:

• Create Thing: 01.01.2021 // Spent 1 USD
  • Create Thing: 02.01.2021 // Spent 2 USD
  • Create Thing: 03.01.2021 // Spent 3 USD
  • Create Thing: 05.01.2021 // Spent 4 USD

As you can see, I did not create a thing on 04.01.2021

How can I either make the chart go down to 0 for the 04.01.2021 or have a gap and let the chart continue on the 05.01.2021

is that even possible with Apex Charts without having to create a thing for the 04.01.2021 (with no data or input = 0?)?

Thank you for any help / pointers you can provide.

Apex doesn’t allow for the line to continue on a null value. That said, I really like this plugin for most purposes.

If you want to do that, this plugin may be helpful. I made it for my purposes. I have null values in this list of values as I didnt collect a score for this measure on that day but did collect data and want to reflect this in the data anyway.

For now, you would need to have a valid date (Xaxis) value but could have a null Yaxis value and the line will span.

My next update will do this for you when using actual dates and not text strings.

1 Like

Thank you @jared.gibb !

Yes, this is exactly the issue I have…great to see that you are addressing this with your plugin!

I have already invested a lot of time into the Apex Charts and I really like the plugin, as you said as well. But the issue / concept of not having data for e.g. certain dates must be something that many people are facing? @Thimo Is this something that is just not addressed at the moment and might be implemented in Apex at some point?

@jared.gibb Any chance your plugin could be used as a data basis for an Apex Chart?

The issue in my opinion is a shortcoming with with Apex charts.

I don’t see a way my plugin could be used as a data basis for anything. I’d see it as something supplemental when @Thimo’s plugin doesn’t fulfil my needs.

If apex offers a timeseries style chart, the issue you are experiencing shouldn’t be an issue I would think

@Pat @jared.gibb

You could group your data by the ‘date’ you want to use and check ‘don’t skip empty values’ and handle the empty dates this way. Did you already look into a solution like this? This does not continue the line, but will cut it off. You can also select the option in the chart properties to replace these empty values by 0 to have it go to 0 every time. I have created a demo for you so you can see how this looks:

Editor: Chartpreview | Bubble Editor

1 Like

HI @Thimo ,

I had done exactly that in the groups function (“don’t skip empty values”) but I did not notice the “replace null/undefined values” option at the bottom of the chart settings. That totally worked for me! Thanks again for your awesome support.

I do have one last issue/question. Sorry for coming back with questions but one thing I just don’t seem to be able to resolve is the following:

On my y-axis the numbers “touch” the grid lines. Can you tell me where I can find the option the increase the offset in the multi area chart? I did find it for the x-axis but not for the y-axis:

@Pat

To change the space between the Y-axis and the chart you can increase the left grid padding of the chart :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awesome! Thanks a lot for releasing this.
I am trying to test it out, but I can’t find the option to add a second Y-axis though.

@bralca88 It is all the way at the bottom of the chart properties :slight_smile:

Also make sure to refresh your editor after upgrading if you haven’t already

Great, Thanks!

I managed to display the values and it seems like it’s working quite good.

I don’t seem to find an option to display the values of the second Y axis though, I can only see the values of the first Y axis.

Also, I cannot define a separate unit for the second Y axis. It gets the same unit (in this case $) as the first one.

@bralca88 When you input a series name for the second Y-axis, the second Y-axis should show up:

Take a look at this demo to see if you may have a different setup: Chartpreview | Bubble Editor

Custom pre- and suff-fixes for the 2nd y-axis are not implemented, I will take a look if this is possible to include in the next update! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! I managed to make it working.
It’s awesome :slight_smile:
I am looking forward to seeing custom pre and suffixes for the 2nd y axis!

1 Like

Can you add an option to show null/undefined values as 0 for bar charts as well? Or is there a workaround for this?

I’m trying to show a chart of user reviews (like Amazon) but the chart looks silly if there are no reviews yet.

Chart with only 5 star reviews:
reviews

Chart with a mix of 2, 3,4, and 5 stars. Looks much better:

reviews1

Also, will there be an option for x-axis labels? I’d like to label this as “5 stars” not just 5.

Overall, love this plugin. Big improvement over the bubble charts.

@natvancleve You could do that with a grouping. I have created a demo for you: Chartpreview | Bubble Editor

I will look into if I can improve the horizontal charts to have support for X-axis labels! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Didn’t think to use bucket, I was using exact. Thanks for the quick reply!