[New plugin] Beautiful Customizable Charts and Graphs (ApexCharts.js)

Hi @Thimo

Ok thanks for confirming.

How about the area chart fill colour (not the tooltip) which is currently just a solid colour. Could you add a gradient to it?

@andrew.mcdonagh the ā€˜line chartā€™ does support the gradient color for the stroke of the chart. I will take a look if the Area chart also supports this!

1 Like

Great, many thanks @Thimo!

Hi @Thimo,

Just noticed an odd behaviour with the Donut chart.

If the ā€˜Section border Colorā€™ is set to be 100% transparent, then the border disappears as if the Border Width was set to zero.

Is this expected behaviour?

Eg - with colour transparency set to Zero
Screenshot 2021-01-05 at 12.20.39
Screenshot 2021-01-05 at 12.21.00

Eg with colour transparency set to 100%
Screenshot 2021-01-05 at 12.20.09 Screenshot 2021-01-05 at 12.20.28

regards
Andrew

Hi @andrew.mcdonagh ,

Are you sure this is my chart plugin? I donā€™t recognize these particular setting names. In my chart plugin (donut) these settings look like this:

1 Like

Oh youā€™re right @Thimo!

Sorry, I thought I was using your plugin for the donut! :smiley:

1 Like

@Thimo,

Just got to say, your charts plugin is awesome.

I swapped out the other one and replaced their donut chart with you plugins.

Plus the area chart from your plugin is easy to configure nearly completely into what I wanted.

The only thing I canā€™t get the area chart to do, is expand to fill the entire width. Thereā€™s a gap on either side. Any pointers on if itā€™s possible?

Thanks

The chart looks great!

You can enable ā€˜sparklineā€™ if you havenā€™t already to reduce the margins. If you donā€™t want to enable sparkline or if you want to reduce the padding even more, there are 4 padding options for the chart where the default is ā€˜20ā€™ (under ā€˜grid optionsā€™). These can be set to 0 or even a negative value! :slight_smile:

Thanks. It works well in the app.

Yes I saw those settings, but didnā€™t think to use negative values! Thatā€™s awesome idea! Thanks.

1 Like

@Thimo I have been using this plugin for almost a year and it is amazing. Many thanks to you.

I generally have some visualization problems when attempting to use the legend. I was wondering if there is a way to adjust the font size and have more control over the location of the legend (e.g. allow some offset to the preset location options)? Maybe I am missing something on the font size but I canā€™t seem to find any param for this in the config.

Happy new year!

Hi @rivergalli, great to hear that you are enjoying the plugin!

I have pushed an update (6.2.0) for you that gives you access to the following properties regarding the legend (ā€˜X offsetā€™, ā€˜Y offsetā€™ and ā€˜Font sizeā€™): :slight_smile:
2021-01-10 om 18.45.22

@Thimo As always you are the best! I will check it out asap.

1 Like

@Thimo

Quick question: I am currently playing with the plug-in to get to know the different attributes better. Any chance, you can share the charts from your plug-in page in a way that I can copy their styles? When I try to do that with the one you have publicly available, I cannot seem to copy the styles. Bubble letā€™s me copy the style but pasting it does not change anything. This would help a lot to understand the plug-in quicker.

Thanks a lot and as the others said, the plugin is great

Hi @pat, I think that has something to do with that the demo page is using the ā€˜testā€™ version of the plugin. I am planning on re-creating the demo page with the ā€˜liveā€™ plugin version which also should make it much faster. I unfortunately canā€™t give you a specific date for this though as this is quite a lot of work

Ok thank you for letting me know! Another quick question: The plug-in says to use RGBA color code if we want to use dynamic data. How do we have to format the code? Commas? No commas? I donā€™t seem to be able to adjust the color dynamically (tested it out via an input form and used all kinds of different ways of using the code)

Hi @Pat,

Yes, if you want to use dynamic colours from the database you should, instead of using hex color codes like ā€˜#ffffffā€™ (white), use rgba color codes like: ā€˜rgba(255,255,255,1.0)ā€™ (white).

I will also look into for you if I can handle this inside the plugin, so you can just use hex codes like you are used to :slight_smile:

Thanks, it is working! Did not know I have to start with rgba

Re: the hex that would be great. Would it be just one of the two? Or both? Asking because I am about to set up the data structure. Just starting to try things out but I think what I like about RGBA is that we could combine two data fields and let the user adjust opacity, if my thinking is right

Edit: Nevermind, I think bubble is not allowing such a dynamic value in this field. But thatā€™s ok, certainly other ways to achieve that

The way I am implementing it now is that you could use both Rgba or Hex!

Dear all,

I have an issue with this plugin. I received the following error:
The plugin ApexCharts.js - Charts and Graphs / element Area chart - multiple lines threw the following error: ReferenceError: toHex is not defined
at eval (PLUGIN_ApexCharts-jsā€”Charts-and-Graphs-updateā€“Area-chartā€”multiple-lines-.js:59:19)
at https://dhtiece9044ep.cloudfront.net/package/run_debug_js/fb36060fd6160f96e9edb7a5981aa141a66ac6f8e2b853a2ef676ef27aee5a2e/xfalse/x10:15:476355 (please report this to the plugin author)

Can you help me please?