[New Plugin] Simple Charts

Hi all, another update: Just added a 100% stacked chart (horizontal and vertical) to the chart types available to you. Here are editor and run-mode screenshots:

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 12.07.23 PM

Let me know if you have any questions or feedback. Enjoy!
Alex

Hi Alex - I’m getting console log “b.toPrecision is not a function”. My app has two bar graphs - one is rendering and the other is not. Both rely on dynamic data queries that use grouping, and plot a category (X) against dollar value (Y). I’m on 2.16.0; tried some previous versions too with the same result (though sometimes it was value.toPrecision instead of b.toPrecision)

Any thoughts? I have a full console log output if its helpful.

Thanks!
Brian

Hi @brian9 – thanks for reaching out! Sorry you’re experiencing some issues; I will take a look.

Would you be able to share (1) the full console log output as well as a (2) run-mode link and/or (3) editor link? If you can’t share the editor link, a screenshot of each bar chart’s setup would be helpful as well. Feel free to DM these to me if that works better for you.

Best,
Alex

Hi! I purchased this plugin but I’m having a hard time putting my actual data together in order to feed the chart correctly.

For example: I’d like to do an area chart of how much $$ the user made by month.
So I have a Data Type ‘Payments’ and it has two fields: ‘amount’ and ‘date-of-payment’

How should I enter this data in the plugin? Thanks!

Hi @letsexecute – thanks for reaching out!

You should be able to search for Payment, group by the date (by month in your case) and use the Sum of the use the Sum of the Amount. Something like this:

Main Search Expression:
Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 5.45.29 PM

Group by Expression:

Let me know if that helps! Happy to look further into it if you need more support.

Alex
TechBlocks

Thanks @alex4!

I’m getting this result. Any ideas of what I might be doing wrong? Thanks again

@letsexecute – sending your a DM as I’ll need access to your app to help you create the correct dynamic expression for the chart

Hi Alex,
I have been using your chart plugin for a while now to create a dashboard for an asset register/management solution.
I need to show a pie chart with percentages of GROUP:SUM…is there any way the pie chart can calculate percentages of given values, or do I need to calculate these separately?
Thanks
Stuart

Hi @stwinton – thanks for reaching out!

Currently, the way to achieve would be to calculate the values separately outside of the Pie Chart element and dynamically refer to that value (e.g. if you placed that value in an input, you refer to that input’s value in the Pie Chart). Does that help answer your question? If not, happy to take a look at your specific use case. Screenshots or links to your editor/run mode always help.

Best,
Alex

Hi Alex, thanks for your response.
I really like to be able to show the actual units (in this case $) and then also show the % with mouse rollover. Pretty much what Excel does. I can create the % table and display that, but then I have to create another chart to show the $.
I thought it might be a simple add to the pie chart plugin…a check box to “Show percent values” (and number of decimal places too)

Never mind! Stuart

New update for Simple Charts v2.19.0: Ability to customize the point radius for each Scatter Chart series independently

Once you upgrade the plugin and refresh the editor page, you should have a new property for the point radius when adding a dataset to a Scatter Chart via a workflow action (see the new “Point Radius (px)” field below):
Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 3.34.18 PM

Don’t hesitate to reach out with feedback or questions!
Alex

Hey Alex,

Not sure if you saw, but I sent you an email about this.

When I hover over a section in the doughnut chart, the color turns black, rather than a darker shade of the color I have selected. The first color I entered works, but the 2nd and 3rd colors do not.

image image

-Jacob

Hi @boost – try removing the spaces in between your hex colors. I’ll push an update soon that makes it so you can have comma or comma and space to be more forgiving, but removing the spaces should work for now (i.e. change it to “#F7464A,#FDB45C,#46BFBD” instead of “#F7464A, #FDB45C, #46BFBD”).

Let me know if that helps!

Alex
TechBlocks

1 Like

It worked - thank you so much!!!

Is there a safe/approved way to update the underlying ChartJS with javascript to fixed things not directly supported?

Hi there @sean.paley1 – yes, you can add a new series as a bar or line on the Bar/Line charts via workflow action:

Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 3.46.07 PM

Let me know if you have any questions!
Alex

1 Like

I just purchased the plugin, am playing around with it, and having trouble making the chart I need.

Based on the demo I thought for sure this was possible. Now I’m not sure. Hope someone can let me know.

Here’s what I’m trying to do: I have Image things that pictures of people have been processed through a machine learning model and assigned labels (e.g. happy, sad, etc).

Each label has a confidence value from 0-100. On the Image data type, I have fields happy_value, sad_value, etc. I want to show a chart that looks like this:

But I can’t seem to get the series names’ to appear on the x-axis.

Seems so simple. Got to be a way to do this. Right? Either way, please let me know. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @tjc4 – thanks for reaching out!

Can you share a link to your editor? If not, a screenshot of your Image thing, editor page, and/or API connector response would be helpful. Feel free to DM these to me if necessary. The X-axis input will just take a list of strings separated by a comma, so any way you can generate that list of string will work.

Alex

@alex4, thanks for the reply. I’ve tried the “X Axis Values” field but that gives me something that looks like this:

All of my data is grouped into the happy bucket even though happy isn’t a bucket. Happy represents one value or one bar and only one bar should be above “happy”.

I think this might help illustrate what I’m trying to do:

Each of my data series contains a single value.

I want my “Data Series Names” to show as X-axis labels with one bar above each label.

Hope that makes sense. If not I can try to clarify further.

Hi @tjc4 – thanks for the additional detail.

Based on my understanding of what you’re hoping to achieve, you’ll want to I think it’s helpful to think of the series as “emotion” – in which case:

The X Axis Values are: “Happy, Calm, Confused, Sad, Fear”
The Series 1 Values are: Parent group’s Thumbnail’s Happy_Confidence, Parent group’s Thumbnail’s Calm_Confidence, Parent group’s Thumbnail’s Confused_Confidence, Parent group’s Thumbnail’s Sad_Confidence, Parent group’s Thumbnail’s Fear_Confidence

For the Series 1 Values, you’ll want to add a static comma (i.e. ", ") between each dynamic expression.

Does that make sense? Let me know if I misunderstood your goal!

Alex