[New Plugin] Simple Charts

@alex4, thanks for the reply. Yes, that makes sense and I’d imagine that’d work.

I was hoping be able to achieve this without having to create a new field and a backend workflow to populate that field but I guess I’ll have to go that route.

Thanks for letting me know.

1 Like

@tjc4 great to hear that helps – don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any questions!

Alex

Hi, great plugin!

I’m trying to have one of my series be a fixed number (so it’d just be a flat line). Is there some way to do this?

Or, alternatively, does anyone know a way to multiply every item in a list by a number? If I can do this, then I can work around it.

Just thinking re: last post, can this somehow be achieved via javascript?

Hi @anthonycollias – thanks for reaching out!

The Simple Charts plugin comes with an element called “Complex List Calculations” – you can use this element to multiply your lists by a single number or a list of numbers. Check it out and let me know if you have any questions!

Alex

Hey, I was looking into chart API’s and came across this one and have enjoyed using it. I was wondering if you could answer a question for me however. I am looking to allow users on my app the ability to create a chart on their blog post and then users who view that post provide the data/information. I was wondering if you had any idea how to do this or if it is even possible with this API. Thank you in advance for any help you are willing to provide!

Hey @alex4 - was curious if this plugin allowed for horizontal diverging stacked bar charts (bars diverging from the center which is the average) - i.e. plotting a user’s score against the average (negative or positive)

Thanks!

Hi @nhurner – thanks for reaching out! In your app, are your users’ blog posts page/functionality all built in Bubble? If so, you should be able to allow them to create a chart using the Simple Charts plugin.

I’m happy to take a look at your request if you provide a bit more information. What data needs to go into the charts? What are the blog post users providing in terms of data?

Cheers,
Alex

Hello Alex and thank you for your help. The data that needs to go into the charts will be responses to surveys that the publisher will create. The idea here is that the publisher will create a survey and then create the chart that will display the results on the same blog post. The users will be providing the data for the charts by responding to the survey on the blog post. If it would help, I can share with you a wireframe of my proposed idea.

Hi @alex4 :wave:

I was using the default Bubble chart and i got the results i needed:

But i needed to add a new serie so i bought your plugin. I’m trying the get the same results like last image but i get this:

I see the default chart plugin works in a different way than your plugin but am i doing something wrong or something :exploding_head: help please!

ps: sorry my english

Hi @nhurner – thanks for the description.

You’ll have to create a Bubble expression that queries the correct survey results based on the page (I’m assuming your page is type=Blog or something similar). As long as you can generate a list of strings using the Bubble expression for the X axis label (assuming you’re creating a Bar/Line chart) and a list of numbers for the series value, you should be able to set it up correctly.

If you’re still stuck, feel free to send me a link to your editor in a DM and I can take a look.

Best,
Alex

@qaz.wscuther – thanks for reaching out.

Can you put the Series 1 - Y-values expression into a text element so we can see how it evaluates in run-mode? Feel free to share the editor/run-mode link with me so I can take a closer look.

Best,
Alex

Hi there,

Thanks for the great plugin. How can I add some margin between the legend and chart? @alex4

Hi @nocodeventure – thanks for reaching out! Currently there is no way to customize the margin between the legend and the chart, but I’ll take a look at adding that customization and get back to you today or tomorrow!

Alex

1 Like

Awesome, it’s not a big deal but it might be useful. Thanks a lot, much appreciated @alex4

1 Like

Thank you for the help I was able to get it working! I do have one small problem I am running into if you know the fix. I am able to display the data a user saves on a post with slider bars, but I want to display their data point on the chart as they move the slider bars. I was able to do this before allowing the string of data to be saved so was wondering what I might be missing?

I too have the same issue.

I installed the plugin and added the element as is without any modifications keeping the values the same as is for the x and y (Red, yellow, … etc)

Although maybe you need to know this, i have a couple other chart plugins in the same page. I wonder if that would be the case.

qaz.wscuther what about your case?

@alex4 i found the issue and it was the Chartsjs plugin

It’s working now :smiley:

1 Like

@Arifi great to hear you’ve resolved it. The Simple Charts plugin runs off of ChartJS so yes, if you have another ChartJS plugin it will probably cause conflicts!

@alex4 - Hi Alex, just bought your plugin and indeed the charts look very nice.
I have a problem with a Radar chart that takes the data from a parent group. On screen-load all is fine but when I change the dataset for the parent group the labels update (good) but the graphic does not change/redraw (bad). There is a very brief flicker like it would redraw but as said the graphic does not change - so I guess it redraws the same thing. Any ideas…?

Note: I use the exact same expression to generate the labels and the data-point lists.

Updates/Learnings:

1. Removing the data series and adding it again in a workflow does not help either, only a page reload helps (which is not an option).

2. Digging deeper there seems to an be an issue with how you manage additional datasets. I can add multiple datasets to the chart. But when I try to remove them funny things happen. Removing kind of works, but if I then re-add just one dataset all previous ones pop back into existence again.

Example:
a) I add datasets labeled 2, 3, 4 and 5 which works.
b) Then I perform a remove Button workflow individually on all but #2 - so have only one showing now.
c) Then I perform a Button workflow to add #4 again -> and suddenly all 2+3+4+5 are showing again - instead of only 2+4.

So it looks like remove doesn’t really remove stuff and as such past data always pops back up again -> maybe that’s also the reason why I can’t simply update the data in the first place as it might update but then pop back to the past data still stored?