[NEW PLUGIN] Tooltip plugin

Hello @augusto1

Thank you for reaching out.

We have received your request and will investigate the issue with the “Custom style” checkbox. As soon as the investigation is completed, we will get back to you.

Hope for your understanding on this matter.

Regards.
Zeroqode Support Team

Thank you for your patience @augusto1

The issue with the custom style checkbox has been fixed. Please upgrade to Version: 1.11.0 and let us know if the custom style checkbox works well.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

The tooltip doesn’t work when the trigger element is on a floating group. Nothing appears.

Hello @jayy

We have tested your use case and the trigger element seems to be working then it is placed in a floating group. Can you please provide more details on your set up and show the plugin and the trigger element settings(IDs). Also, please make sure that the IDs are matched in the plugin’s element(tooltip) and in the trigger element.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Tks! Working !!!

1 Like

@ZeroqodeSupport first, thanks for the free plugin! I’m having an issue with this and I’m hoping you can give me a hand. The plugin has been updated to the latest version by the way.

I’m using this plugin to show tool tips when a button is hovered AND other conditions are met. Conditions are set on the button element and are used to set the ID Attribute of the element. When the button has a value for ID attribute, the tooltip will display when hovered. When the button doesn’t have a value for ID attribute, the tooltip will not display when the button is hovered.

If I hover the button when conditions aren’t met, the tooltip doesn’t appear which is correct. If I hover over the button when conditions are met, the tooltip does appears as expected. So far so good. Now, if I hover the button again and conditions aren’t met the tooltip still appears (with text from the last legitimate appearance).

Dev tools shows that the button’s ID Attribute is being reset correctly yet the plugin is still picking something up. Any ideas as to what may be going on?

Hi @alex.esposito.1108,

Would it be convenient to share more details related to the reported issue?

Namely:

• screenshots and/or screencasts of your setup - workflows, plugin settings (for the screencast recording, let me please suggest using the Loom tool).
  • screenshots and/or screencast of the issue you have (debugger, browser console, etc);
  • steps to reproduce your issue;

This will allow us to reproduce your use case on our side and identify any possible cause much faster.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team.

1 Like

@ZeroqodeSupport I’ve sent you a message

1 Like

Hello @alex.esposito.1108,
Thank you for your patience.

We’ve carefully investigated your use case and here is what we found: once the ID is set to an element when the condition is true it will be there regardless of the condition you have in your Bubble app. You have to refresh the page so it will reset the hover event and the ids (it’s a particularity of javascript the plugin is built on).

As a workaround, we suggest you create two buttons on top of each other (by default they will be not visible) and add a condition to make the button visible only when the condition is true. In this way when you will open a product in the group it will display the correct button and the tooltip will show only when needed.
Hope this will make sense and will help you.

Please try our suggestions and let us know if they helped. :pray:
Best regards,

Thanks for your help, I’ll give that a shot!

1 Like

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport
First, I’m sorry for my English.
I have a Repeating Group inside another Repeating Group.
I added the plugin in the Internal RG, and it worked great in all cells. But he did not replicate considering the External Repeating Group. That is, it only worked in the Repeating Group that appears in the first cell of the External RG, as shown in the image below.
Is there anything I can do, or is this a limitation?

I hope I explained it well.

Thanks!

Hello @wictor.borges,
Please accept our sincere apologies for the late reply. :pray:t2:

We would like to kindly ask you to record a video showing the issue that you have on your side. This will allow us to reproduce your use case on our side and provide proper feedback on it.

Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

@ZeroqodeSupport

Can I make a suggestion:
Currently we can only choose 1 “hide event” (mouseleave, click, or close) for specifying when to hide the tooltip.

Is it possible to add another option: mouseleave AND click?

It’s quite a standard behavior to hide the tooltip on mouseleave AND click.

If this is taken up, do let me know roughly how long we can expect it, so I can decide whether I should wait or use another solution instead. Many thanks!

Hello @jayy

Thanks for reaching out.

Our team is currently investigating the possibility of adding a such feature to the Air tooltip plugin, but we are afraid that currently there is no preliminary time frame for adding this particular feature.
If this feature is to be added, we will announce let you know in this thread :slight_smile:

In case you have any other questions, simply let us know.

Regards,

Zeroqode Support Team

Thanks for your patience @jayy

We’ve investigated the possibility of adding “mouse leave and click”, however it is currently not possible to implement as the library we are using (qtip) does not support such changes.

Hope for your understanding on this matter.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

no problem, i’ll find another way. thanks for getting back!

1 Like

Great plugin to make it easier to create tool tips - quick question:

Is there a way to setup a tooltip so that it appears when a finger hovers over it on mobile?

The plugin works on my website in desktop but yet to get it to work on mobile. Any recommendations? Possibly is there a way to set a workflow so when an element is touched on mobile that the tooltip can appear?

Hi @bowdo, thanks for your appreciation.

Currently, the plugin element comes only with the following triggers.

We will pass your question to the developer team for research. Once any feedback will become available, we will let you know.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi @bowdo, thanks for your patience.

As a possible solution for your case, you can set “mouseenter” trigger for desktop version, and “click” trigger for mobile version. You can achieve this by having two plugin elements, which are seen/hidden depending on the page setup, through conditionals.

Hope this tip helps. if there will be any other plugin-related questions, please let us know.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi everyone,
We’ve updated the Air Tooltip Plugin to version 1.13.0.

Now it is possible to set the Font size of a custom-style tooltip.

Please update the plugin to the latest version and let us know if you have other suggestions on how to improve it. :wink:
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team.

1 Like