New Workflow tab - Discussion Megathread

@fede.bubble Actualy my previous comment raise a great question; During Bubblecon they show Parallel vs Serial. Does that mean Serial will be a real serial (synchronous), not working as it’s currently working?

Meaning if I do (all in serial) ;
Step 1 : Create Data
Step 2 : Set state box 1 to “do a search for Data:count”
Step 3 : Create Data
Step 4 : Set state box 2 to “do a search for Data:count”
Step 5 : Create Data
Step 6 : Set state box 3 to “do a search for Data:count”

Will it finally display “1,2,3” or it will still display “0,0,0” ?
(I hope for a synchronous Serial (so it would display “1,2,3”), it will help save a lot of time, make app way more simple to understand, and reduce headache a looot)

@fede.bubble It would be EXTREMELY useful to be able to “Print Workflow to Text”

Like a copy to clipboard feature, but for all the workflow actions/conditions in a nice organized way, for debugging and evaluation purposes in the LLM of our choice. This would be an absolute gamechanger.

LLMs are actually great at debugging the “Bubble language” but it’s a real pain in the ass to constantly have to transcribe everything manually or use something like GPT4o’s vision (since you need to take like 30 screenshots to show everything).

Really hope something like this makes it into the next version. It would almost bring parity to things like Cursor.

1 Like

This thread has a lot of discussion related to new workflow editor: New Workflow editor

If we are merging the threads, then we should consider that one.

1 Like

I think the new work flow is not good

Below are the reasons

1. there is not recommended flow any more example if you use the old interface if you show a pop up it will
    Suggest the new action.

2. the design is abit werid you can’t copy and paste work flow again unless you go to the tree view

3. all the feature is the same as old ones so why should we change to new ones.

In my opinion, it is not yet ready. Still a lot of work to do. How do i revert back to the old workflow ?

2 Likes

1 Like

A thread for the new workflow editor

Some issues I have found:

1. Video pop-up will keep showing up
  2. The setting in the settings-tab is not appearing, so can’t opt out/in or send feedback/submit bugs

Maybe I missed it, but where is the button to switch back to the old version?

2 Likes

It should be there to turn on or off…

1 Like

Hi there, thanks so much for flagging this. Our Support team can help investigate any potential issues you’re experiencing in the new beta workflow editor. I recommend submitting a bug report via the bot in our Support Center, and we’d be happy to assist!

2 Likes

I find it extremely difficult to find workflows now. The labeling of them in the left nav needs to be the same as they were before.

1 Like

Why are workflow folders not in alphabetical order?

Having the folders expand in the left hand menu makes it very difficult to find anything - you end up lost if you have lots of workflows in a folder!

7 Likes

In the workflow editor side panel, the list of folders cannot be sorted. Please provide the ability to sort folders by name, allowing us to rename folders accordingly. Additionally, a subfolder feature is essential, and the ability to resize the sidebar should be included.

Moreover, each step should have both a Title and an Action Name. This would allow users to customize the Title, such as ‘Update Username,’ while keeping the Action consistent, such as ‘Make changes to a thing.’

In summary:

1. Ability to sort folders by name.
  2. Subfolder functionality.
  3. Sidebar resize feature.
  4. Steps should include a customizable Title and an Action Name.
7 Likes

Nope, I don’t have it. I’ll make a bug report as now I can’t turn the beta off…

3 Likes

I know this change to the workflows tab is in beta, but as I mentioned before here [Editor Improvement] List of Suggestions (Quality of Life) this vertical format consumes considerable and unnecessary space, I don’t know about you guys, but I still prefer the previous model.

Another thing is that in the old model, we had an overview when opening the workflows tab, now that doesn’t happen. I know that every change requires adaptation, but I can already see that the current way will require more work to find what I really want.

All we needed was:
1- A way to view folder separations without having to open the side tab or click on them.
2 - More color tones for those people who are more visual (like me) who organize actions by type of trigger/function and associate this with colors (now the colors have become even more difficult to identify).
3 - A way (some icon) to identify comments on events or actions.
4 - Maybe highlight any events that used Custom Events when Custom Events were selected.
5 - Save space, keeping it compact facilitate systemic view of events/actions.

Something like this:

9 Likes

Fortunately Bubble emphasised that major overhauls like this would be opt-in until finalised precisely so you guys can give feedback and not suddenly have to learn a new way of doing things.

I think the changes are overall good and overdue - the current editor would never be fit for IF statements, for example.

Of course continue sharing feedback on forum but I know for a fact after talking with the team lots that using the provided bug report / feedback links are the best ways to give feedback about specific issues as it ensures internal tickets are created as necessary!

Just want to make sure you all know how to make your voices heard!

2 Likes

I tried the beta, because drag-and-drop folders are something I’ve wanted for a long time. However, the new vertical layout is poor. Before, I had 5 workflows per row, and now I only have one. I must scroll 5 times further to find anything.

And now - worst of all - there doesn’t seem to be a way to turn it off! So beware.

Edit: You can turn it off, in the “Versions” tab, down the bottom.

2 Likes

so, is there not a way to show conditions side by side left to right with the new workflow editor? what’s the point of having all this space on the sides? This is what it should look like.

6 Likes

Check the megathread. Bubble will be implementing if like actions, WF loops etc This will use the horizontal real estate.

1 Like

Agreed! The problem with using vertical flow and not having IF/Router actions to visually separate the flow instead of adding the conditions on each workflow is that it makes it really hard to visualize when there are multiple actions that run at the same “condition” level.

I like how ActivePieces implements this with vertical flows.

I’m sure Bubble will come with a similar proposal in the next updates.

7 Likes