(Noob) Doing things when user has gone

Hello everyone,
I’m very new to Bubble, and I’m just curious about something. My app will allow users to set a schedule, whereby every hour an event can either be turned on or off. This schedule will be saved to a database, and every hour an AWS Lambda function will be called. This function will need to read the database to determine which users should have the event switch on, and which should have it switched off. When users log on, the app will need to have easy access to the schedule to display it quickly for editing.

Now, since it will be quicker for both the Bubble app and the AWS Lambda function to have local copies of the database, I was thinking that when the changes are saved on Bubble, I should have a process for updating the changes to an AWS S3 instance, so that the Lambda function can access it quickly as well - time quite literally being money with a Lambda function.

So my questions are:

1. Is there actually any need for this, or will the speed difference from having either the Lambda or Bubble app access a remote database be negligible?
  2. Is there an easy way to save a DB from bubble to S3?
  3. Is there a way to do this that will still save over even if the user logs out or closes the browser while it’s running?

No.

Plugin

Schedule API (calling API Workflow server side)