Open external URL inside Group Box

I have a few URL’s that open pages with Spreadsheet like content - How can I force a link in my app to open the external page WITHIN a Group Border - not as a separate page?

2 Likes

I would consider putting an HTML element into a Group element and displaying the web page using HTML Iframe.

1 Like

Good idea… I tried entering HTML and added test </>.
No luck -
I also tried checking and unchecking the Show as iFrame box

You will need to generate iFrame code to go in the htlm box.

http://www.htmlbasix.com/iframe.shtml

1 Like

Not sure why my previous reply was truncated… but I did define the iFrame - as follows;

Nothing shows.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I know this is an old thread but it has been a total lifesaver for me just now!

I have followed these instructions and now have been able to load external URLs in a group element without opening an external tab (which was opening in the same window as my native mobile app and causing frustration).

One issue I have noticed for some URLs is that they are failing to load. I will attach a screenshot below. This is only happening on certain sites and I am wondering if it is something to do with their website rather than anything I can control. It works 80% of the time and I have noticed the websites where it doesn’t work are usually less sophisticated, community group style sites. I am new to this so would appreciate any feedback and guidance! Obviously I have checked the URLs and the correct ones are inputted.

Load issue

Some sites restrict themselves from loading in iframes. It’s their policy, nothing to do with Bubble.

I have a couple of URL’s that open pages with Spreadsheet like substance - How would i be able to compel a connection in my application to open the outer page WITHIN a Group Border - not as a different page?

I suspected this might be the case - thank you!

1 Like