Plugin Announcement: Airtable

Apparently it’s impossible to delete or modify data once it’s impossible to satisfy that Record expression.

1 Like

Any update here, I have the same problem

1 Like

@sam8

Hi, if there is a change to Airtable schema ( additional fields) how can this be refreshed in Bubble airtable plug in?

I have tried to reintialize new fields but I still dont see the new fields there . The only way was to completely remove connection to Airtable and add again.

Fire up this thread, @greg11 and put your thoughts there:

1 Like

Hi there,

I have a search field and a list that displays Airtable records based on value contained in the search field and a matching field in Airtable

It works fine when I use a regular text field in Airtable to match against. I have noticed however that Bubble plugin always recognizes formula fields as format “Number”. Even if my formula returns Text and I change the data type to Text in the plugin - it is still not possible to do for example searches on the API <“Name of formula field” contains “Some text to look for”>.

My work around was to link Airtable record to itself via linked field and use a lookup that uses the linked field to show the value from the formula field… Lookup fields shows in Airtable plugin as Text type.

It works, but I think the formula field recognition as Number is a bug. @sam8

1 Like

Yes I can confirm it happens like that on my side.
There’s are some text fields recognised as Number.

My current issue is that I don’t know how to unlink record without deleting the linked record.
Airtable recommends issuing a PATCH to {"fields": {"Links": null}} .
Or sending an empty array {"fields": {"Links": []}}
I only get linkedField add and I try to send null or [] and it doesn’t work.
Any tips are highly appreciated.

Did anyone every get a reply to this? I’ve currently spent almost an hour searching to find an answer.

SPECIFICALLY… how does one define “Record” when Deleting or Modifying a record?

Hey @sam8!

Any tips on how I can do the below? I’d like to pull in a table from airtable and convert each record into a new thing in bubble. Looking forward to your advice!

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply.
To delete or modify a record you can do something like this:
Make sure you have the single Airtable Record ID you want to delete or modify.
Grab the API provider - then :filter that list by Airtable Record ID to match the one you have, now you will have a list with only 1 item that matches that id.
Finally you should grab the :first item to convert the list into a SINGLE RECORD.

Hope it helps.

bug: The Airtable plugin picks up Formula fields as number by default.
This is a big problem as it is very time consuming to match the schema to the correct type for every cell with Formula you import.

Any help on how to enforce the correct type from the formula?

Where is an Airtable HOW TO? I can connect a table but I am new to Bubble…where do I go from here? Please help!

Hello @sam8
It is very annoying to set all these fields each time we re-initiate the table to make a change. Like for date, boolean, etc.
Could you please save the schema of the linked object ?

Thanks a lot.

Hello @allenyang I just field up 4 bug reports about this plugin. I hope an overall or a cleanup will be made. It’s hard to debug when query in AirTable throw errors but not any issue shown up in the editor.

Is there any work being done behind the scenes to give us the ability to create a base via the plugin?

When there are different views used for the same base, could you add the view to the naming @allenyang @sam8 ? please
See :

When will we be able to add an attachment instead of just replace an attachment? The add attachment action doesn’t work properly. It will attach a file to an Airtable record, but it will delete any existing attachments. This should “ADD an attachment” to AT, not just replace any existing attachments.

1 Like

Hey everybody, I’m having an issue that is driving me crazy. On Airtable I’ve got my row of records, and within each row, I’ve got 6 other “Link to” columns. I use this to do several lookups that I need on a per row level (for other unrelated reasons). This is how it looks like:

I click on “Modify a Record” in a workflow, I set the Record to ID = Current user’s AirtableID (this part is correct for sure)

And what’s killing me is that when I try to send data to these “Link to…” Columns on Airtable, the first one (RecordID1) has a “=” next to it, but all the others (RecordID2 to RecordID6) all have an “add”.

This gives me an error on the workflow. But if I only leave “RecordID1”, the one that has a “=” rather than “add”, that one works! The only ones failing are the ones that have an “add” next to them. I’ve triple checked Airtable and they’re all the same type of column! I don’t see the error…

I would bet that you have RecordID1 initialized as “text” or some similar type in bubble, and the others are defined as “link to record.” For saving into these fields it will prob work you to define them all as “text” (but this may affect the functionality in bubble if you need to use them as links to records there). You would need to go to the Airtable plugin and re-initialize data to do this.

Hey, did you find a solution to this problem ?

Unfortunately nope.