Polyhedra: Dice/Random Simulator

More to come (you know, like video docs) on this, but let us begin the summoning…

BEHOLD, MORTALS… :zap:POLYHEDRA APPROACHES!:zap:

Random number generation made easy. Simulate various types of dice with any number of sides, roll any number of them, get the total as a scalar value and the individual rolls as a list. Optionally generate multiple dice rolls and output them as a list (e.g., generate 6 3d6 for character stats), and a lot more.

NOT JUST FOR FUN!
Polyhedra also contains simplified actions for getting a random integer (or list of random integers), a random floating point number (or list of random floats), so it’s not just for dice simulation.

MAKE GAME BUILDING FAST, FUN AND EASY!
Polyhedra also has 30 built-in numeric states, 30 built-in numeric list states, and a set of 30 “State Triggers” that can be used to ensure synchronous behavior when using the built-in states.

DO A BIT OF MATH!
Additional actions let you set and modify the built-in states in interesting ways (including listwise addition/subtraction) so it’s useful anywhere you might need complex numeric states, even if not using the RNG features.

SAVE AND RESTORE!
In 1.0.6 and later, you can even export the value of all of Polyhedra’s internal and external states and later restore them via the “Publish States as JSON” and “Restore States from JSON” actions.

Makes it easy to use with Floppy (my browser storage plugin).

“COOL, COOL HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?”
Polyhedra is “Karma-Ware” and while it can be used for free, there is a high likelihood that you will fail all saving throws versus death unless you contribute to the creation of Bubble plugins that don’t suck at:

:zap: UNEARTH THE TREASURE THAT IS… POLYHEDRA! :zap:

Messy Demo Page (with button link to editor): http://list-shifter-dev-test.bubbleapps.io/version-test/polyhedra-demo?debug_mode=true1

Editor Page (which I’ll be fixing up while doing a video): List-shifter-dev-test | Bubble Editor

Plugin Page: Polyhedra: Dice/Random Simulator Plugin | Bubble

WATCH THIS SPACE FOR MOAR!

6 Likes

I can’t believe I missed you posting a thread on this! I’ll be sure to shout you out and give you more karma when my game launches, because polyhedra is 100% MVP and has let me do some ridiculously cool stuff that a mere mortal as I wouldn’t have been able to do without it.

If you use bubble’s random number generator, you should use this instead (or at least try it).

All hail Sir Keith, lv. 21 high listshifter of Bubbleton.

2 Likes

The plugin’s super cool now (update to latest) but I haven’t done a video because (1) been busy with other stuff and (2) will be adding one more non-gaming feature to it! :smiley:

1 Like

You might have noticed (or not) that there’s an action to export the entire current state of the plugin to JSON (which you can later restore via another action). You could use that feature with Floppy or your database to save all of the states at any time and then restore them (possibly without even touching the database). (Someday I’ll use this to make a Yahtzee clone.)

2 Likes

Psst… Added a Make Numeric List action to Polyhedra 1.0.8, just published. This is very similar to the same-ish features in Floppy and List Shifter.

1 Like