Populating Repeating Group with a newly created thing

Hey,

I tried to build a workflow Creating a thing (a PaymentMethod in an Invoice) when there is no other existing thing (in other words when the searched thing:count is 0 or when the searched thing:first item is not empty.)
After the thing is created (if condition is fulfilled) I show a Group containing a RepeatingGroup displaying the created thing.

Both conditions (:count is 0 and :first item is not empty leads to the same error : The RepeatingGroup is not populated with the newly created thing whereas I can see the thing created in DB)

Here is the workflow :

When using the debug mode to test this I get a surprising result : the condition appears unfulfilled whereas I know that this is the first PaymentMethod I created on that specificinvoice. Database is confirming this as I can see the newly created PaymentMethod. As a result the RepeatingGroup showing PaymentMethods for that Invoice appears empty.

Any help would be appreciated :slight_smile:

Hey @pierre6

Thanks for the post and sorry for the trouble with this! Sounds like it might make sense to submit a bug report so we can take a closer look at what you’re seeing.

And of course, don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly at Support@Bubble.io with any additional questions.

Thanks for the reply @Andrew.Vernon

I found a workaround for this precise case. For those interested :

I just used two workflow instead of one and moved the condition searched thing:first item is not empty on the event instead of the action step + added a display data step to be sure the RG is populated with data.

Still im curious, so ill write a bug report.

Thanks for the update and I’m glad you were able to find a workaround!

We’re here to help if anything else comes up!

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.