Print Pro Plugin by Zeroqode

I just bought Print Pro and am immediately dismayed by what I’m finding on the demo page.

Here’s a shot of the page (in two pieces):

Clicking Print Current Page gives me these two pages in preview:

Right side clipped. Images missing. Text line cut at page break. No resemblance to the app page that’s being printed.
Is this really as good as the plugin can do?

Hi @laurence,

Apologies for the late reply. :pray:

Please note that to customize its layout in the preview window you need to enter the settings:

Let us know if you have any further questions. :slightly_smiling_face:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

I am getting this error

“Something went wrong”

can you help me?

Hi @nicollasrocha

Thanks for reaching out!

Could you please provide more information about the problem you’re facing? Specifically, screenshots and a screencast of your current setup, a description of the issue, and the expected outcome. :pray:

This will allow us to identify any possible cause much faster.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport

Just purchased your plugin and we’re loving it so far.

I’d like to ask if these use cases is possible in the plugin:

1. Print a very small document with a width of 2.26378 inches
  2. Print documents WITHOUT page break

We’re aiming to print receipts via a POS machine so we’re wondering if this use case is possible through your plugin.

Currently, we’re using Print Pro to print data from a repeating group by using an HTML format. We converted a document to HTML using https://wordtohtml.net/ - works like magic.

However, when we tried to convert a small document, the one that I mentioned, to HTML, it did not convert the page size, only the content.

Kindly let me know if this is possible @ZeroqodeSupport

Thanks,

Hello @ntabs,

We appreciate your patience and apologize for the delayed response, as we are currently handling a high volume of inquiries. :pray:

To determine whether your specific use case can be realized, our team requires some additional information. Could you please provide screenshots of your workflow configuration, plugin component, anticipated outcomes, and the actual results?

Providing this data will enable us to replicate your setup on our end and consult with our team accordingly.

Wishing you a fantastic weekend.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team.

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport

Apologies for the late reply - I was looking for other alternatives but decided to come back due to the time constraints and complexity of the other workarounds.

We simply want to print receipts :slightly_smiling_face:

Can’t provide you that yet since, well, I was asking if my request was possible. So naturally, I don’t have or have not implemented what I want.

To reiterate, what I want is to print receipts. Our receipts have a size of 2.26378 inches or 58 mm or 219.21215999999998 pixels

For our other printable documents, we’re already using the Print HTML template action, added our custom HTML template, and have attached dynamic data.

For our concern (custom page size / width), we could still use custom HTML templates, similar to what we’re already using, but have an option wherein we could customize the page size.

I’ve read some resources stating you can’t add a custom paper size to the HTML document since it doesn’t inherently contain information about paper size. However, it might be possible if you were to use CSS

Would greatly appreciate it if you could help us out.

Thanks

Hi @ntabs,
Thank you for getting back to us.

We’ve verified with the dev team and they confirmed that the Print Pro Plugin should allow you to print HTML content formatted through a custom HTML template. You are correct in that HTML does not inherently contain information about paper size; it’s a web standard that doesn’t deal with physical page sizes typically. However, through CSS, you can specify page sizes when printing by using the @page rule, which allows you to determine page properties for printed documents.

Here’s a basic example of how CSS can be used to specify a custom page size:

@media print {
  @page {
    size: 58mm; /* width of 58mm */
    margin: 0mm; /* you can set the margins to 0 if you don't need them */
  }
  body {
    margin: 0;
  }
}

To implement this in your current setup using the Print Pro Plugin, you would insert this CSS rule into the <style> tag of your custom HTML template. This way, when the print function is invoked, the browser’s print dialogue should recognize the custom size specified for the receipt and format the printed output accordingly.

Please ensure that you’ve tested this on the actual printer you intend to use, as different printers may have varying levels of support for CSS and this kind of precise control.

Hope this helps. :pray:
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team.

1 Like

Hi - I’m in need of a printing solution and am willing to pay for a reliable option with the features I need. I’ve stumbled on your plugin and wanted to get your opinion on what I’m trying to do would work.

In a nutshell, I’m going to send a prompt to open ai and receive a generated letter back that I store to the database and also bind to a Rich Text editor. I want to be able to allow people to edit the letter before they print it. Additionally, down the road, I want to potentially inject some sort of border/frame in the letter as well but that’s not MVP.

With your plugin, would I be able to choose this Rich Text input / editor where the users has updated the letter, and print the letter? I’m not sure what the best way to do this is, I see a lot of things mentioned about HTML, but my use case is that people can print directly from the Rich Text editor.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello @dballiet, :wave:

Thank you for considering Zeroqode for your printing solution needs. Based on the use case you’ve described, our Print Pro plugin could indeed be a suitable option for you.

With the Print Pro plugin, you can enable printing directly from a Rich Text Editor within your Bubble application. Here’s how it can align with your requirements:

1. You can bind the generated letter from OpenAI to a Rich Text Editor on your page, where users can make edits as needed.

2. Once the user is ready to print, the Print Pro plugin can print the content of the Rich Text Editor, including the text and formatting that the user has applied.

3. In terms of adding a border/frame to the letter, this would involve some HTML and CSS styling. While the current version of the plugin focuses on printing the existing content, you might be able to achieve this by customizing the HTML around the Rich Text Editor content before sending it to print.

Please note, for printing the edited content directly from the Rich Text Editor, you will need to ensure that the editor’s content is passed correctly to the plugin. This typically involves using the editor’s content in an HTML element that the Print Pro plugin can target.

For MVP, you should be able to set up the printing functionality with the existing features of the plugin. If you require further customization down the road, such as injecting a border/frame, you might need additional HTML/CSS work or potentially a custom solution, depending on your specific design requirements.

Please review the plugin docs to see the features and plugin implementation process. :pray:

If you have any more questions or would like further assistance please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team.

Thank you very much for the response, seems like a very solid plugin that will suite me well. I just purchased. I will continue to review documentation, but one thing I’m seeing is that the header from the Rich Text is showing when printing. Is there something obvious I’m missing?

Alright, I might have gotten a little closer to how I’m going to need to do this. As you mentioned and I failed to see, I will need to handle this through HTML somehow. I’ve got that on the screen now and trying to figure out how I carry over my formatting from the Rich Text. Right now it’s just a unformatted blob of HTML. If you have any pointers there, it would be appreciated.

1 Like

Hello @donnie.balliet, :wave:

We are glad to hear that you’ve found the Print Pro plugin promising for your needs! :slightly_smiling_face:

Regarding the toolbar, if you want to hide it before printing, you can indeed use a workflow to hide the Rich Text Editor (RTE) element and display an HTML element containing the RTE’s HTML content. After the print action, you can reverse the visibility of these elements. Here’s a simplified version of how you can set up this process:

1. Use a “When event X happens” workflow to:
    Hide the RTE element.
    Show the HTML element and set its content to the RTE’s HTML state.
  2. Trigger the print action.
  3. After printing is complete, use another workflow to:
    Hide the HTML element.
    Show the RTE element.

This will ensure that the user sees the formatted text as intended while editing, but only the essential content is printed, without the toolbar or other non-essential UI elements.

As for transferring formatting from the Rich Text editor to HTML, you’ll want to ensure that the HTML being generated retains the styling tags. If the output is unformatted, it may be that the styling tags are being stripped or not properly carried over.

If you’re still having difficulty or need more detailed assistance, please let us know. We can provide more specific guidance based on your setup or even look into the app if you provide access.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team.