Hello there, first time poster, appreciate the community here!
More of a general question looking for anecdotes or feedback for those who have tried it. I am looking into potentially building a multi-app platform using the app connector and whereby the main app serves the following functions:
- User administration and permissioning (user gets flags/entitlements to such and such pages or functions)
- Sub app administration (turn certain feature off for sub app 1 but on for sub app 2)
and the sub apps will have the following function:
- Client interface (let’s say a marketplace app) for search, buying, listing items
- built in functions that can be exposed or not depending on permissioning in Main app (let’s say i want to turn the search function off hypothetically)
- Simple Theming controlled by main app (main app says sub app 1’s theme should be light and sub app 2’s should be dark for example)
Anybody built or seen apps set up in this manner? My theory here is this could help scale over time if for instance one sub app becomes more heavily used than another, i could focus upgrading only sub app 1 with boosts or whatever. Basically a bit of a hub and spoke model with the internal main app serving as the hub and i can spin up however many related sub apps as needed off of it.
Appreciate the feedback!