PSA: ChatGPT is VERY good at helping build your app in Bubble

When I first started building my web app with Bubble, I was pretty lost. I’m a designer by trade so a lot of the technical concepts, even though I don’t have to code them, we’re new and difficult to grasp at first. I started by watching hours of videos about how to structure a database and how to do it in Bubble and I was struggling.

Then I started asking ChatGPT for help building in Bubble and its blown me away at how helpful it is. It helped me put together an initial database and some complex workflows, it iterates on the database it first gave me every time I explain an additional feature I want, recommend alternative ways of doing things. I can ask it if X way is the best way to do something and it’ll tell me the pros and cons and offer alternative ways.

Now I’m using it to make my app more efficient and secure in ways that I wouldn’t have thought of.

I swear I’m not an AI or ChatGPT shill but I really do think if you’re stuck, it’s a great resource. I imagine it’ll be built into Bubble in the near future and will be able to look at your Bubble app and recommend changes.

I’m guessing it’s a “your mileage might vary” type of thing (or maybe, more accurately, your perception might vary), depending on what you are asking and how much you know about Bubble, because, well, there is this viewpoint, too.

3 Likes

I’d be careful with that… half of what ChatGPT says about Bubble is just complete rubbish and, of course, it doesn’t know anything at all about the new WU pricing model, or how to optimize for it…

So if you’re using it to ‘help’ optimize your apps and make them more efficient you could be in for a shock when you come to look at your WU consumption.

3 Likes

Yeah for sure, it’s certainly not perfect and there have been a few moments where I’ve disagreed with the suggestions it’s provided.

I am using ChatGPT 4 which is the latest paid version, not sure if the poster there is using that, and I always keep in mind that ChatGPT’s training data stops at like Nov of 2022 so it doesn’t know about any product updates since then.

I’ve seen it recommend things to me that require the use of older features that are now gone. But all in all it’s been great.

EDIT: Looking at other posts about this, the consensus is that ChatGPT 3.5 is a dummy about Bubble but ChatGPT 4 is way way better.

FYI…

I am using ChatGPT 4 which is the latest paid version, not sure if the poster there is using that,

the consensus is that ChatGPT 3.5 is a dummy about Bubble but ChatGPT 4 is way way better.

ChatGPT 4 doesn’t have any more knowledge than ChatGPT 3.5 - it’s just more sophisticated in its understanding and responses (in other words, it can sound even more convincing when it’s spouting rubbish about doing things in the Bubble editor which don’t even exist).

I always keep in mind that ChatGPT’s training data stops at like Nov of 2022 so it doesn’t know about any product updates since then.

Actually, it’s September 2021…

I’m not saying it can’t be useful and, yes, ChatGPT4 does have a higher success rate giving useful answers about Bubble, but even then some of the things it suggests are not best practices (especially given the new pricing model and the costs of WUs).

1 Like

Someone needs to chop up the entire forum as a vectorDB, and feed search results to a LLM

Bubble should effin do this. They for sure have the money.

Weweb has it already but I think it’s only trained on their docs tho I could be wrong. Still a great start.

4 Likes