PSA re: Recent Performance Issues Caused by the Issue Checker on Backend Workflows

Hi, after weeks trying to figure out some unexpected behaviours, I only see this topic now…

I love Bubble but THIS IS A HUGE PROBLEM. We absolutely need to know issues before deploying, that’s a NOBRAINER I think ! Even if editor performances drops or anything else, we can’t develop an app without visibility on errors…

In my opinion, best option to preserve editor performances AND issue checker is to only run it before deployment. So we can keep good perfs in the editor and be sure to NOT publish any broken backend workflow.

Does it sounds possible for you ?

Thanks for further improvments and sorry for my poor english, I am a french Bubbler :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s been weeks now and this major issue still isn’t fixed??

1 Like

Could this be added to the manual → The issue tracker - Bubble Docs

1 Like

Why can’t this just be a f*^%#€££ checkbox in the editor. One for front end one for backend issue checkers.

Using a url param manually is over complicated and not intuitive.

I added a feature like this to my own bubble app in less than a day. Don’t tell me it can’t be done here and find a place for them to make sense.

5 Likes

@zoe1 What EST for issue checker to be fixed?

2024 will be a ground braking for bubble, you got to believe :grinning:

UPDATE [11/1/23]: We released the ability for you to easily toggle on or off the ability to check issues on backend workflows. When you click on the issue checker on the top right of your editor, you’ll see a new toggle that enables this behavior. There will be a warning reminding you that turning on this ability may slow down your editor.

Please let us know if you have any questions!

20 Likes

@grace.hong I think there could be some great lessons learnt on how this feature was released, the damage it caused and then how this final outcome, is an elegant solution. Could have gone straight to an elegant solution :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Damn, boy.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update @grace.hong

2 Likes

@grace.hong Oh good - I was just about to submit a bug report because I found issues in backend WF’s that hadn’t come up in the issue checker!

REALLY NEED TO EMAIL FOR THINGS LIKE THIS!!!

Can’t stress enough that just a forum post is NOT GOOD ENOUGH. This isn’t the first time I’ve raised this issue either.

Not everyone crawls the forum all day every day!!!

Bloody hell - 33 issues just came up in my issue checker in just one app - now to go through all my apps :rage:

8 Likes

having a toggle in the issue checker is great and all BUT I have to create an issue on the page to show the issue checker and then open the checker to toggle it…

there’s plenty of space in the main header bar? LOL

Hi there - This toggle is accessible regardless of whether you have issues! If you don’t have issues, simply click on “0 issues,” and you’ll be able to turn on the toggle in the issue checker window.

6 Likes

It wasn’t in the main header bar when I posted. About 2 days later it was there. Thanks for the followup.

Samesies:

1 Like