Hi everyone, and Happy Holidays/Happy New Year!
Qoins is hiring! We’re fresh off a new round of funding raised, and we’re looking for a seasoned Bubble veteran to join our team. We first built our platform on Bubble back in 2016, and to this day we still use Bubble for our backend and lots of internal tools.
We’re a financial platform that helps people save more money, pay off debt faster and understand their finances better. We’ve helped people pay off over $15 million of debt so far!
I’m adding the job description below. If you think you’re a great fit for this position, feel free to PM me here or send an email to
[email protected] with your resume. As part of the interview process, you will be asked to solve some problems using Bubble and/or submit examples of applications that you have previously built using Bubble.
Qoins - Senior Bubble Developer (Remote)
Qoins is a financial wellness company that helps consumers pay off their debt faster by combining financial education and automation. Our platform automates the process of sending out extra payments towards debt, reducing payoff time and the amount of interest paid. We also provide free video content the helps people understand more about debt and their finances as a whole. The average American dies with an outstanding debt balance of over $61,000, and we’re helping solve that problem.
We launched in January 2017 on iOS and Android. In that time, we’ve helped our customers pay off over $15 million worth of debt. We’ve been shown or featured on The Today Show, CNN Money and other national news outlets.
Qoins is a minority-led (Latino and Black) company. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and culture. In 2020, we received the Google for Startups Black Founders Fund award, and our founders were named to the 2021 Forbes 30 Under 30 list.
As a Senior Bubble Developer at Qoins, you’ll be integrating into our existing technical team. You’ll create and deploy changes that will help shape the future of our product. You’ll participate in talking through and developing new features, integrating new external services and more. You should be energetic, confident, coachable and excited about the problem that our company is solving.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated history of building multiple apps on Bubble and a full mastery of Bubble’s platform, especially Backend/API Workflow development.
This will be a full-time, remote position, with the option to eventually transition to a hybrid in-person/remote role.
What you will be doing:
- Build and maintain the backend logic for our mobile application and future web application
- Build and maintain internal dashboards for teams such as our Customer Success team
- Create landing pages for some of our external partnerships
- Integrate new external APIs into our core product
- Contribute to decisions about application architecture and refactoring to balance technical debt against delivering functionality
- Assist in testing
- Help manage and maintain relationships with our external API providers
- Collaborate with members of other internal teams (UI/UX, Front End Engineers, Customer Success, etc.)
- Evaluate the performance and feasibility of new features
The ideal candidate will have:
- 1.5+ years of experience using Bubble to build web applications
- Mastery building front-end web interfaces in Bubble, including using the Responsive Editor
- Comfortable integrating RESTful APIs into Bubble apps
- Full understanding of Bubble data types and structuring them
- API/Backend Workflow mastery, including building public-facing endpoints
- Proficiency with Privacy Rules for Bubble data types
Bonus points if you have:
- A BS or MS in Computer Science, Math or another analytic discipline
- Previous early stage startup experience
- Experience as a UI/UX designer or another design discipline
Other benefits and perks:
- Healthcare coverage through UnitedHealthcare (including dental)
- Fully remote position, with the eventual option for hybrid work at a coworking space
- Flexible work schedule
To apply, please send us an email at [email protected]. Please make your subject line “Application: Senior Bubble Developer” and attach your resume.