Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Question about visibility

Hi, I only want to show a text, if the repeating group, which displayes all stories (data type in the database) that where posted this week, is empty. So the text should only be visible, if the repeating group is completely empty. When a user posts a story, the text should disappear. Does somebody know how this is possible?

Best wishes
Jakob

Hi there, @Jakob1… as with all things Bubble, there are a number of ways to do what you described. One way you could go is to make the text element not visible on page load, and add a condition to the element with an expression that does the same search that the repeating group’s data source does. Then, add :count > 0 to the end of the expression, and make the element visible when the condition is true.

Another way you could go is to add a condition to the repeating group to hide the repeating group when it is empty. Then, add a condition to your text element (which isn’t visible on page load) to make the element visible when the repeating group isn’t visible.

Anyway, you’ve got options, and I hope this helps.

Best…
Mike

1 Like

Thank you very much :smiley:

1 Like

I tried to do it the second way, because that suits better, but I don’t find something like “is empty”. Can you please tell me how I should set it up :slight_smile:
Best wishes
Jakob

I assume that is the condition to hide the repeating group when it is empty, so try This Repeating Group's List of Storys:count is 0.

1 Like

Thanks, it’s working properly :smiley:

1 Like