Questionnaire - Confused about the response thing

Hello.

I’ve been lurking for about a month and this is my first post. At the outset, I’d like to say thanks to the Bubble team for creating this awesome tool and a huge thanks to the forum members who, unbeknownst to them, have already helped me immensely. Thank you.

I’m having a hard time conceptualizing a database design in Bubble.

I want to be able to ask authenticated users a series of 100 questions. These questions will be related to a job.

I think I’ll need 4 things: Users, Questions, Jobs and Responses.

• Users create jobs that have responses to questions.
  • Users can create many jobs.
  • Each job requires responses to the same 100 questions.
  • Users do not have to answer all questions in one session.
  • Answers are a numerical value from 1 to 5 - perhaps radio buttons and privacy rules/auto-binding might be good for this.

I’m struggling with how to architect the responses thing in the context of a bubble app. However, I’m thinking a user experience like:

• User logs in and creates a job.
  • They are then presented with the 100 questions in a repeating group sourced (I assume) from the questions thing.
  • In the RG row, I’d have the radio buttons and a button to save the response. The button would save the radio button’s value, the unique job id, possibly the current logged in user’s id, and the unique question id to the responses thing.

Now, say they log out after answering 30 questions. The next day, they log in again to answer the remaining 70 questions.

• What’s the source of my repeating group?
  • I would think responses so they could review answers and possibly change them - but it only shows the 30 responses for this user/job. How do I present the other 70 questions?

I understand storing references to things in the thing field type, but this responses thing has me totally stumped.

Hopefully I’ve made myself clear and just need a nudge in the right direction.

Many thanks for any suggestions.

-Mike

Wow!
I can not believe I’ve been here for a month and never thought to type “left join in bubble” into the search box and have NigelGs’ post pop up. The 4th example was just the nudge I needed.

-Mike