Random sorting doesn't seem to work

Hi,
I’m trying to randomly set a list from another dataset shown here:

As you can see, I’m trying to add 4 random team members to a datatype called Startup: Team. Once the team has been created, the sheculde api workflow is called in the next action to call the this same api workflow to create a loop. The loop stops once 4 teams have been created. But as you can see here:

the team members that are generated are not random at all.

I have checked, and I have much more than 4 team members to choose from. It is clearly choosing the same 4 people every time.
What is going on here?

Thanks in advance.

So the random sorting in bubble isn’t really random. That’s a long-running issue.
I built a plugin that might help though: Random Order of a List Plugin | Bubble

Cheers,
Ranjit / Atomic Fusion - accelerate your Bubble development by reusing the community’s assets

3 Likes

Awesome. Thanks so much. I will definitely give it a try in the next couple of days.

1 Like

Hi @atomicfusion
I just installed the plugin. It works great so thanks so much.

Quick question. Is there a way to get it to refresh the list with a new randomized list? I want a button that on each button click, the order of my repeating group gets updated.

This is a slightly different use case than my original post but I was finding the same general problem (just saying this in case you’re confused as to why my question doesn’t perfectly align with my original post)

Thanks,
Paul

Yes, you can do that

Simply call the re-randomize action in the workflow

2 Likes

Guess I probably could have looked a little harder before asking you.

Thanks so much for your help.

1 Like

It’s my pleasure to help
All the best :slight_smile:

Can this plugin be run on the backend?