Request for feedback: What 3rd party integrations are missing?

Algolia search (or even a better version of bubble’s searchbox)

I think this can really only be done in a ‘clean way’ by bubble because it controls the app database and data is needed for indexing

7 Likes

+1 advanced charts

+1 algolia and getstream to power repeating groups

Ability to easily create an iCal feed from a calendar made within Bubble

2 Likes

(The combination of) AND and OR Filters to Refine Repeating Group.

+1 on Algolia powered search for repeating groups.

It would be helpful to have a group element that can smoothly scale its height & width relative to its parent.

For example, that would enable a group to follow the same height as a sibling group when the sibling group’s height is collapsed/expanded together with there common parent.

1 Like

Some great ideas here, just to keep it brief but reaffirm:

• Charts
  • Algolia integration for RG
  • Tooltips
2 Likes

Popping in to confirm that I’m jotting these all down! Thanks again and if there are any other ideas on this topic, keep 'em coming!

4 Likes

There is a great application that includes SEO and grammar optimization, supported by AI for the INK desktop, and it’s free.

SEO can certainly be done easily and quickly while writing content.

It gives many options when exporting the file, but they created an extension called .ink. Wordpress is import this .ink file.

It would be great to in Bubble

https://inkforall.com

3 Likes

I know that Nigel has already said it, but I just want to reaffirm: beef up the plugin editor and API connector and we’ll do miracles there! There are lots of ideas through the forum and I know that several people (including me) has emailed support several other suggestions.

You people must do what we cannot do. Integrating Algolia or Elastic Search is something we can do.

6 Likes

I agree and Disagree at the same time. Don’t forget that Bubble is a nocode platform that want to let non coder create apps. Plugin Editor and API Connector are not for everyone. So creating easier way to have some integration like this is welcome I think.

But I agree that a lot of work can be done on both plugin editor and api connector.

I would like to have a the feature to collapse groups width when hidden. Or collapse horizontal or vertical margin using the workflow.

3 Likes

You’re right! My line of thought was that they can’t manually integrate everything that we want to, but something I disagree is about the API connector, I think it is for everyone who takes the time to learn it, like doing efficient searches or the responsive engine. Beefing up the API connector (both in power and in ease of use) would directly benefit everyone.

2 Likes

Just thought of another one:

Consistent option for opacity (slider + input value) on each color option like this:

For example when selecting a text element the input value option is missing:

2 Likes

100% agree.

@allenyang Before integrating other services, empower us. The plugin Editor and the API Connector are limiting us. Here just few posts about it !

1 Like

Not really 3rd party, but might work as official plugins.

Group elements for

I guess you can create good responsive designs without flexbox or grid, but it feels like making fire with a stick. Give us the matches to that we can make fire :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Was surprised to see that much need for HTML body and attachments in emails, so I just made available a plugin supporting this earlier than I originally intended to :smiley:

Connect with our personal AWS S3 storage or Azure storage. It’s not economically feasible to run any photo or media based app on bubble’s storage plan (which honestly feels a little price gougy)

Zeroqode has AWS S3 and Azure uploaders however they do not allow uploading of more than 100 files at a time before they freeze up. (large uploads like this are precisely why someone would turn to 3rd party storage)

EDIT: I stand corrected, Zeroqode’s S3 uploader works fine for over 100 files. It was an API I had on the page that was killing it.

3 Likes

I think there should be a testing mode for plugins in that if you try it for 5 days and then buy it, you are credited those 5 days towards purchase. Better yet would be free trial, or free for development, pay for deployment to live. Not because of any reason except that the plugins do not always work as advertised/expected, or sometimes not at all. The maintenance of plugins by authors is apparently something that’s challenging to keep up with… In the few months I’ve been using bubble, I’ve discovered a dozen plugins that do not work as advertised, are broken, or the documentation is so sparse as to be useless.

Not blaming anyone just think there needs to be a better model for the buyers of these things to help the marketplace grow.

I’m really hesitant to use plugins because they seem like they could break at any moment in your live deployment and then you have to go to the developer and beg them to fix it.

1 Like

You can do this with a real simple bit of css

Echoing Romanmg,

Charts is a big one for me. The standard bubble chart is unfortunately, not great, and I had
to abandon it right away. the available plugins are pretty bad as well and I’m left with figuring
out how to get something working with html/css/chart.js. A need help thread will most likely be started soon haha.

HTML Emails would also be at the top of the list for me.

2 Likes
  • 1 for a plugin to generate a calendar feed from a calendar or events in Bubble.