Responsive background video

Hi

I’m having issues getting my background video to fit properly on a mobile device.

If you take a look at https://kthxbai.bubbleapps.io/ on mobile you will notice that you are able to scroll up and down on the video.
I’m simply trying to make it so take away the scroll and zoom out a bit as its a 1440p video.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I kind of have it working but I still need some advice.

When I load the page on mobile it loads zoomed in for some reason, If I zoom out it locks the screen to the size I want it but I’d like it to load like that.

Thanks.

Hello @k112

Try prevent the user from zooming

Hi

Unfortunately this didnt work but thank you for your help.

Had the same issue on a recent project. I would normally just use javascript and do this without a plugin but I was on a tight deadline.

The plugin hasn’t been updated for the new responsive engine and it’s a bit buggy in my experience. But I think I got there with it in the end…

I ended up adding the background video element twice and then hiding/showing based on the current page width. It was the only way to dynamically adjust the height.

Josh @ Support Dept
Helping no-code founders get unstuck fast :rocket:save hours, & ship faster with an expert :man_technologist: on-demand

I post daily about no-code and Bubble on Twitter Follow Support Dept on Twitter

1 Like

Hey @josh24

This is great to know, I’ll give it a shot as soon as I get home.

Thanks for your help! :smiley: