Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Returning to the top of the page

I’ve created a single page app with multiple groups shown and hidden conditionally. The trouble I’m having is that if I scroll down in one group, then continue to another (say, as part of an onboarding workflow), the new group loads with my viewing it halfway down.

I’d like to be able to to return the user to the top of a group each time, or find another way to get around this problem. Any ideas?

@caspian.james

1 Like

Hi @cmarchan! Where did you find this? And will I have to add it to every group?

@caspian.james

It is an action in the workflows tab. Just type “scroll” and it will come up. It is part of “element actions”.

Just add it any time when a user is going from point A to point B in your app. As mentioned, it is an action. :smiley:

I’ve found it! Right now everything is shown/hidden with conditional formatting of custom states. I’ve tried adding the “scroll to element” action but it doesn’t bring me back to the top of the page.

Scroll to: select your actual page. Ex. Index

2 Likes

Ah! That works great, thank you! I wasn’t sure how it’d work on a single page, but it brings me back to the top nicely, thank you.

hi again!

I’m trying to follow this so that buttons on the top of the page help the user jump to RG’s further down the page. Attached is a screenshot with how I set it up but it doesn’t seem to be working. What am I doing wrong?

Hey there @rosekherr,

You’re using the wrong “Scroll To” action. The one you’re using is for RGs I believe, you’ll need to use the other Scroll To an element action rather than Scroll To an entry.

1 Like

thank you! I made that adjustment and it seems to be working. Thank you so much!

No problem! Glad I was able to help :blush: