One of the things that makes products difficult to scale is maintenance.
Custom events and reusable elements are by nature reusable, and I am wondering if Bubble team can implement ‘reusable condition’ feature.
Of course, we can do copy and paste conditions, but often times business logic changes and it becomes difficult to manage where I’ve set those specific conditions (that could be in elements on pages, elements on pages, workflow events, subsequent actions, events, etc.)
- [Search for a thing: constraint 1] is used in 3 text elements, 1 button, 2 groups, 1 workflow event and 3 actions.
- You designed those logics 3 months ago
- After user feedback, you realized [Search for a thing: constraint 2] would work better.
This is where bugs occur… You thought you’ve made all changes but in fact, you missed one part. Instead we could do:
- Set [Reusable condition A] (that should always result in yes or no)
- Make all those 3 text elements, 1 button, 2 groups, 1 workflow event and 3 actions follow this logic [if Reusable condition A is yes]
- When business logic changes, you can simply change [Reusable condition A]'s logic and the elements that rely on that condition will be work as expected.
Would this feature be viable?