Setting Up Firebase Cloud Messaging in Web App (PWA)

Has anyone been able to set up Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM) on their Bubble web app (PWA)?

I’ve set up multiple APIs (Go High Level, Square POS, Stripe, etc.) but the Google Firebase API docs are very confusing to me.

I would like to add push notifications to my Bubble PWA using FCM but I haven’t been able to figure out the steps I need to take to set this up.

I’ve looked into a couple of free plugins around FCM to see their API calls but I think the docs have changed since they were last published.

I also looked into trying out this Zeroqode plugin but the latest review says it doesn’t work so I’m hesitant.

Ultimately, I would like to accomplish two things within my app with FCM.

1. Sending push notifications within a workflow
    Example: When a user adds another user as a friend, I would like to send the user who received the friend request a push notification that says they received a friend request.

2. Send push notifications to my app users to be used as a marketing channel.
    Example: Alerting app users of a special deal or event going on within the PWA.

If anyone has any advice or information on setting up Firebase Cloud Messaging in a Bubble web app, I would greatly appreciate it!

we’ve used google cloud messaging endpoint that talks to bubble backend. could also work the other way from client side to the pub/sub. if you’re fixed on google cloud for messaging , better checkout cloudsignal.io for bubble (you can contact me for beta)

1 Like