Simple App with two languages

Hi everyone, I am building a very simple app (so far no login and user specific behavior) and I want it in two languages. The visitor should be able to choose the language from the “reusable header element” which is available on all pages in the app. Once the visitor has chosen a language and hops to another page within the app, the language should stay the same. What is the best approach to do this? Your help is very appreciated…

1 Like

@spali

Explore how appText functions

thx @cmarchan … am I right that the “rich text editor” is not available when using the AppText function?
What I think would be easiest is just to set a condition to a dropdown placed in the reusable header element. But that seems like it is not a working feature

@spali

Establish the language parameter in the user object. This way it can be changed to whatever language the user chooses in where ever area of the page the dropdown is placed.

Check this side project I built where a visitor can set his/her preferred language (English or Spanish) in a dropdown I placed on the header element (on desktop) and the app changes so:

@cmarchan Ok that sounds promising. Unfortunately I do not know what a user object is? I do not use a login function. Where can edit the user object? Tanks for helping.

@spali

Sorry about that!

Object is the actual technical term for what in “Bubblish” is referred to as a “data type”. :grimacing:

You can edit the user data type in the data section:

This is a thread that should get you started on building the functionality that you are looking for :grinning:

1 Like

@cmarchan thank you so much

1 Like