Slack Issue still Persistant

@levon Slack plugin says there was an update to fix the oAuth issue. How ever it still generates the same error message as before claiming there is no ID

did you try to reach out Bubble support? Initiating the calls from the plugin itself now works without any issue

@levon what should i tell them cause they will just come back and say its the plugin. I am not sure how to communicate that it is their issue in a way they wont just say its your plugin.

i mean it seems all the other plugins donā€™t work either for slack, they all have the same error message. I wanted to see if i could authorize with one of the other ones but use the calls from yours, but that wont work. They all fail the same way. So it seems like ti could be bubbleā€¦ is this related to the slack global vs local user ID settings? Is that setting suppose to be on or off?

It was Bubble that updated something in their plugin check and then Slack plugin failed to pass that check. We have reached out to Bubble and solved the issue. There is no error in the plugin itself and supposedly shouldnā€™t be any issue in the user apps either.
We canā€™t file a bug report because weā€™d need to provide editor link, credentials etc. needed to replicate the issue. If they reply that itā€™s a plugin issue, simply put us in the CC of your reply (support@zeroqode.com) and weā€™ll provide some more context to them.
Hope this helps
thanks

The issue here is not on Bubbleā€™s end, as the error message states:

ā€˜Plugin nameā€™ did not return an ID for this user. The user cannot be logged in. Please check your settings or reach out to the plugin author

This means that there is something setup incorrectly in the pluginā€™s API Calls. More specifically, the User profile endpoint needs to return both the email and id for the user. To solve this issue, it looks like this plugin needs to update:

User ID key path ā†’ user.id
User email key path ā†’ user.email

Here is an example API Connection that works, which is basically whatā€™s in this pluginā€™s API Calls plus a few adjustments:

For further documentation here are some helpful links from Slack:

2 Likes

Try to follow @DavidS instructions. If you remember I had the same problem with Asana and @NigelG solved it here API Connector not connecting anymore by using data.id. That way you can navigate the json. Although it used to work with id in the User ID keypath

@levon does this provide any direction on what is up with slack :slight_smile: i am hopeful

Ryan, as I mentioned before, after updating the parameter in the plugin, I donā€™t see any more errors when initiating the authentication from within the plugin. Did you try reaching out Bubble as I suggested?

did you see the post above from bubble? David posted a bunch of stuff regarding the api

sorry my bad, didnā€™t notice it.

@DavidS this is helpful, but when i try to change it I get an error that identity.basic scope is missing, when I add that scope to the list i get another error:

any suggestions how to go about it? Bubble plugin builder doesnā€™t allow separating scopes.

If you want to use the identity.basic scope with the users.identity method, then the minimum response is:

{
ā€œokā€: true,
ā€œuserā€: {
ā€œnameā€: ā€œSonny Whetherā€,
ā€œidā€: ā€œU0G9QF9C6ā€
},
ā€œteamā€: {
ā€œidā€: ā€œT0G9PQBBKā€
}
}

With the identity.basic scope, you can add the identity.email scope to provide the memberā€™s email address:

{
ā€œokā€: true,
ā€œuserā€: {
ā€œnameā€: ā€œSonny Whetherā€,
ā€œidā€: ā€œU0G9QF9C6ā€,
ā€œemailā€: "bobby@example.com"
},
ā€œteamā€: {
ā€œidā€: ā€œT0G9PQBBKā€
}
}

Those two scopes together will work to get id and email. But if you use those scopes, then you cannot request other scopes at the same time. Itā€™s an either or situation. This is why the full list of scopes for my working example did not include them:

users.profile:read channels:read channels:history chat:write:bot chat:write:user team:read users:read users:read.email

2 Likes

@levon would this be something that is possible with davidā€™s feedback? Being hopefull :slight_smile:

For some reason Iā€™m not always receiving email notifications for an update on this thread.
@DavidS - thanks for your reply, but in that case the plugin is useless because it would only authorize Slack users but would not be able to do much (read channels, read/send messages etc.)
any workaround for this?

Iā€™m able to authorize and do those things using these scopes (users.profile:read channels:read channels:history chat:write:bot chat:write:user team:read users:read users:read.email)

David as you said we cannot use these scopes and the user.identity together in one plugin. But thatā€™s essential for the plugin to work right?

@DavidS @levon

I just want to bring this to everyoneā€™s attentionā€¦ any possibility to resolve this?

@DavidS @levon Is there an hope for this?

Ryan, I donā€™t really know what else we could try @DavidS any ideas?

Iā€™ve been in touch with Slack Support. Thereā€™s a limitation on their end, where which you can use users.identity and its associated scopes to get user_id and user_email but in doing so you cannot define additional scopes essential for the extend functionality of this plugin. Subsequent calls with the additional scopes to users.info would be needed.

The users.info method wonā€™t work as the primary endpoint because you need the userā€™s id before you can call that endpoint. The auth.test endpoint with those scopes gets the id but a subsequent call to users.info with the id that you obtain from the call to auth.test is needed to get this userā€™s email address.