[Solved] Sorting by list count

Hi - Is there a way to sort by a list of things count? Like “Companys Employees:count”

Thanks!

2 Likes

Yes :slight_smile: You can select the Employees field in the Sort By section:

“Yes” would sort the Companies by highest count of employees to lowest. “No” would sort the Companies by lowest count of employees to highest.

4 Likes

Wow, OK thanks. Too easy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow !

1 Like

SOULITON ACPPETED[quote=“fayewatson, post:2, topic:8444, full:true”]
Yes :slight_smile: You can select the Employees field in the Sort By section:

“Yes” would sort the Companies by highest count of employees to lowest. “No” would sort the Companies by lowest count of employees to highest.
[/quote]

thanks for helping us

In my application I want a repeating group to display ‘Communities’ in order of how many members they contain. In my database I have a field of members (list of users) for each community, however when I select the Sort by field, members does not show up. Does anyone have any reason why? Have I got my data set up slightly wrong?

4 Likes

Members must be a field on Communities for that to work. “Is it really?” is the question here…

I have a data type called Communities and this contains multiple fields such as ‘Title’, ‘Description’, etc. and one of these fields is called members which is a list of users.

Did something change since this was posted?

Because currently I’m not able to choose any kind of list to sort my data.
When choosing a field to sort, none of my “list fields” appear.

8 Likes

I’m getting the same problem as @dylanwares and @renatoasse. I’m trying to sort by a field that is a list of things, but the field does not appear in the “sort by” dropdown :flushed:

@emmanuel has anything changed?

1 Like

Yeah, you can’t do that in vanilla Bubble. But here (start here and keep reading):