Support our iOS app release!

Hey everyone! Happy Holidays!

As the new year approaches in the next few days, us crazy people at Qoins are gearing up to release our iOS app on January 2nd. We’ve been operating as web platform for the last few months, and we’re finally giving our users what they want and releasing a mobile app.

But, we need your help! We’re looking to get the word out as quickly and efficiently as possible. We’re using a service called Thunderclap, which allows you to share something in the future. We’re trying to get as many people as possible to share our link on next Tuesday at 11:00AM ET. (GMT -5)

If you’re willing to help us out, here’s how you can in 30 seconds:

1. Click this link.
  2. Click on one of the buttons: “Support with Facebook”, “Support with Twitter”, etc.
  3. Give the campaign permission to share our link to your account next Tuesday.

That’s it! We appreciate any shares from the Bubble community. We’ve been able to build something super exciting by using Bubble, and we hope you’ll help us share it with the world!

I hope 2017 brings everyone’s Bubble apps success and much more!

2 Likes

Just signed up. I added 1005 social reach to your thing! Whatever social reach means…you just got 1005.

Awesome, thanks @potentialthings!

The social reach is the amount of potential people who can see the post when it’s shared.

Ah, gotcha. Cool. Hope y’all do well! Quick question: how have you found the mobile app performance to be? I’m always extremely, extremely skeptical of any sort of Cordova/PhoneGap based solution, so I’d be curious to hear about your experiences.

1 Like

Thanks!

I haven’t had any major issues with performance. There are certain nuances/best practices that you learn once you’ve built a few different mobile apps using that method, but there isn’t anything that prevents us from having a fully functional app.

It’s by no means “perfect”, and just like with anything, there’s limitations, but I’ve been satisfied with the several apps that I’ve built. I’ve had other developers use apps that I’ve built in the past and they honestly couldn’t tell that it was a hybrid app.

Awesome. Were you able to find a solution to allow users to use the app offline?

No, that isn’t quite necessary for our app, as people will be using ours for financial information, and we’d want to show them up-to-date info, which requires an internet connection.

Similar to most banking apps, which also don’t work offline.

That’s what I figured. It’s incredible that you were able to make Bubble work for something as complex as financial services, really great work!

2 Likes