Trace connected workflows, elements, etc

I’d find it useful to have the option to “trace” which items interact (or are dependent) on one another. For example, I’d like to be able to select an element and “trace” it to see which workflows change that element and which workflows are dependent on that element.

I’d also like to trace between elements (so if element x hides when element y is hovered, then it’d be great for me to have a way to trace an element and see the interconnections).

I’d also like to trace database fields to see every location where they’re referenced / used in the app.

There’s an anology to this in Excel. it provides an option to trace which cells are depending on cell x, or which ones cell x is dependent upon, etc. Comes in very handy when building models where cells reference one another and are complex enough that it’s not easy to rememeber every aspect of the model.

Would anyone else find this useful?

2 Likes

Check out the App Search Tool for some of this. It’s the magnifying glass in the upper right of your editor:

Gaby | Coaching Bubble

I can’t believe that.
If I have 2 buttons and I want to associate one with a workflow there is no way to know the correct one. No id, nothing, you just have to try…
I’m going over the videos Build your first app tutorial and I have 2 buttons named Sign Up (because they take the name of the inner text)and how I suppose to find the right one to create a workflow?