Tracking clicks

Hi guys,

I’ve created a Data type called stats where I want to track different metrics such as signups. My thinking was just to track the number of clicks on the “Sign up” button for example but I can’t get it to work. It’s possible to do it by creating a new thing each time with a value of 1, but I would prefer to change the thing so that the value of 1 is changed to 2 etc. etc.

Is this possible? I’ve included the screenshot below of what I’m currently trying but it’s producing an error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks so much

Joshua

Take a look here, this kinda explains it for you:

Thanks so much for this. Makes total sense. Although I have now tried it but it also doesn’t work for me. I take it the field should be of type “number”?

Many thanks again

Yes, you got it! :slight_smile:

Strange why this doesn’t work for me :frowning:

Did you make a new type and make it a number?

Also make sure “thing to change” does not have a +1

Under your search for stats, leave that blank, so delete where it said Sign ups [Click]

Great, thanks for that. I’ve removed the search for stats. Still not working. When you say to make sure the thing to change doesn’t have a +1, what does this mean?

Thanks so much for all your help, I really appreciate it!

No problem, let me do a screen shot for you.

Sign%20Ups

This is what it should look like. Take a look.

I think that is how you have set it up in your database, if not maybe you can let me know how you are structuring your data and I can show you more exact.

I’m assuming you have a type “Stats” with a sub type “Sign ups” (as a number) right?

@josh7,

Ok, it seems like “Create if the thing doesn’t exist is no” and there is no option to turn this on from the workflow, there used to be an option. @Emmanuel, was this turned off for some reason?

So here are some screenshots to work around it. You will have to do some kind of initial set up of the number, here are some screenshots to help you out.

1. Create a workflow that only runs when the first item is empty.

2. Create step 1

Depending on what you want to do also, you can just do a count of the users that sign up. This makes this whole step obsolete.

Thanks so much for all your advice and for taking so much time to look into this. I really appreciate it.

I have it setup exactly as you have and I’ve also got the Database structured in the same way, although it still doesn’t work. I had thought the same about creating the first item(e.g. 1) so I did this manually and hoped it could just be updated from there, but for some reason I just can’t get this working.

Thanks again for all your help. I don’t want to waste any more of your time so I will play around and see if I can find any issues on my end.

thanks again

No problem, you can take a look at everything here:

I made it public so you can view it. Just take a look around to see what is different, you can see how I set it up.

You sir, are awesome! Thanks so much for that. Very frustrating as yours seems to be setup the same but works perfectly. I’ll keep on it!

Thanks again :slight_smile:

No problem, just keep looking, if you want to share your app I can take a look at it if you want. Just make it viewable by public.

Thanks so much. I’ve gone ahead and made it public as I’m struggling to see any differences. Could it be something to do with Privacy settings?