Transcribe an audio file (Speech to text) Dynamically

Hi Bubblers,
I want to transcribe an audio file into text dynamically. I am able to convert an audio file which is entered in the plugin manually. For this purpose I am using Bubble API connector and AssemblyAI plugins. This is what I am doing as follows: -

This is working perfect as required. But in this I have to manually change the audio file every time.

So what I want is to use file uploader element in Bubble and select an audio file to transcribe. For this purpose I have also setup another call which is

I am not able to use a file from file uploader and transcribe. I am not able to achieve this. I would appreciate assistance in this regard as I have tried various ways. Please help.

Thanks
Vijay Zutshi

What do you mean?
If you are using file uploader, You get a link that you can pass to the API field (you may need to add https: and maybe use format as json (if you do that, you also need to remove double quotes in JSON Body of API Connector for this value)

If you want to use the upload endpoint, I think you may need to create your own uploader.

Thanks Jici. What I mean by manually changing the audio file is that in the value box in the plugin I have to type an audio file. For example test.mp3. I want the audio file to come from the file uploader. I hope that clarifies.

Vijay Zutshi

Hi Jici could you please explain with the help of a workflow

In your first screenshot, just use https:fileuploader’s value to get the url of the file in the “audio file url” field of your Transcribe audio file action

So this is the only change required. Do I still have to make an Audio File Upload call or that is not required.

Not from what I understand of the API doc
But you can upload thenfile from the url too. You will need to change upload endpoint to json

On mobile but I can confirm later

Sorry I just want to clarify. So in the red circle I should type https:fileUploader value. Is that correct or I am missing something.

You don’t write this directly in API Connector. Once it’s initialized, go to your workflow where you want to use this action and this is where you will set your dynamic value

HI Jici,

I have tried many times but still not able to pass audio File from the File Uploader Element in Bubble to the API call. Please help. Please find below my workflows: -

1. BACKEND WORKFLOW

Following are Step 1 , 2 and 3 under this workflow

Step 1

STEP 2

STEP 3

1. OTHER WORKFLOWS

Following are Steps 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 under this workflow

STEP 1

STEP 2

STEP 3

STEP 4

STEP 5

ALL my API calls in the Bubble API connector are already there in my previous messages. All I need is to pass an audio file from the file uploader to the Bubble API connector which is using AssemblyAI API.

Kindly help as I have from the last 4 to 5 days just breaking my head over this. I have seen other post where you have helped new bubbles and that is the reason I am requesting again.

Thanks
Vijay Zutshi