I have a list of location and I would like users to be able to build custom travel routes in my app. For example, if I am taking a vacation from Boston to New York City, I would like Google Maps to provide me with the quickest route from one city to another. This is simple, where the complexity comes in is where I want my app to identify all of the locations (in this case let’s call them national parks) that are within a specific set of miles off of the route. I then want users to save specific stops to their route and reject others. From here I want the users to save the routes and then have the ability to make new ones.
In summary here are the key functionalities
- User enters a start and end destination
- Google (or any map application) provides the optimal route from point a to point b
- Map shows all locations (parks) within 10 miles of that optimal route.
- Users can then select the locations to visit along their route
- Users can save versions of these maps to the travel portfolio