Two links in one dynamic text

Hey Guys!

I currently have one workflow for a dynamic text, but I want to make this text with two links (two workflow) as picture below:

and this is the configuration of my dynamic text:

Basically when the user click on the text inside of should go to a different page, is that possible inside of one text element?

I know i could create a second text element but how can I make sure the second text will dynamically move when the first text element is bigger or smaller than expected?

I hope i was clear enough, if not please let me know and I will try to explain in a different way.

Thank you!

Hi @traksit.adm ,

I know i could create a second text element but how can I make sure the second text will dynamically move when the first text element is bigger or smaller than expected?

Well, you’re right here, you can’t. Text elements can’t adapt their width depending on the text itself.

What you can do though, is to use BBCode to create links inside your text element as shown in the picture below. Just use “Rich text editor” to help you with the formatting.

Capture d’écran 2020-09-08 à 10.52.29

In case you don’t even need any description in your link (ie https://bubble.com instead of This is Bubble) you can tick the "Recognize links and emails box and the links will be clickable.

Best,

Arthur

1 Like

Hi Arthur, thanks so much for the reply.

The link Im trying to create is a navigation to another page inside my app, how can I send data from the current page using BBCode?

Following the same logic you can dynamically create the link so that it targets an internal page.

Here is an example on how I would implement it considering “builder” is the name of the targeted page.

Capture d’écran 2020-09-08 à 13.35.21

“Website home URL” = “Yourapp” or just “yourapp.bubbleapps.io/” when visiting the live version.
“target=”_self"" means it will open in the current tab. Otherwise just remove it to open the link in a new one.

Best,

Arthur

Hi Arthut, Thanks again for the reply.

I see I can do send to a link inside my app using my app href, but my questions is, as you saw on my pictures, the text inside the is also a dynamic data coming from one of my lists, how can I send through the BBCode?

for example:

[Objektivity] is a thing and I want this thing sent to my destination page, in a standard way I would create a workflow and would send it through the option Data to send:

how can I do the same using the BBCode?

Regards

Traksit

Hi again,

Basically when you send data to a page, Bubble just adds the unique ID of the element after the URL. The targeted page is then populated with the object with this unique ID.

ex: yourapp.bubbleapps.io/version-test/music_page/14928791234x9394824230 could be an URL generated by the action you mentioned.

Recently, Bubble introduced the “Slug” feature allowing one to reference to an object with a “readable” unique text instead of its unique ID (-> New Slug Feature for Customizable URLs)

ex: let’s say you have a music object whose Slug is “awesome-rock-music” then you can populate your page music_page by entering the following URL : yourapp.bubbleapps.io/version-test/music_page/awesome-rock-music

Hope this helps,

Arthur

1 Like

awesome! thanks so much!

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.