Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Unique checkboxes in a Repeating Group?

Hi :slight_smile:

There already exists topics explaining checkboxes in repeating groups but I can’t get mine to work - so maybe you can help me :slight_smile:

I want to filter companies based on the state/region they are based in.

I have a repeating group with checkboxes and a repeating group showing the companies based on which checkbox are clicked in the other repeating group.

My problem: A lot of companies are based in the same state/region so the repeating group with the checkboxes should only show the state/region ones (ex. New York).

If I create the checkbox repeating group as a “text” + “unique elements” it only show a state/region ones but then I can’t get the other repeating group to work correctly.

Please see the link where I have created an example of my problem.

I hope you can help me :slight_smile:

I looked through your example but I’m reluctant to start poking things. I don’t want to break anything.

Based an another example I remember seeing, I think you have to use custom states to share data across events and groups. Maybe try setting the custom state of something to the value of the text next to the checkbox when the checkbox is checked, then set the second repeating group based on the custom state?