Filtering a repeating group with checkboxes

Hello,

I have not seen anyone do this to my surprise. Maybe its a limitation of bubble, but I just wanted to ask the forum in case there is a way.

Summary: Can you filter a repeating group with checkboxes?

Details:
My users have a contact list as a data field. Its a list of texts (emails). When a user wants to share something I have their contact list in a repeating group. Each cell is only a checkbox with their contacts email. I’m trying to send an email through bubble to only the selected emails but I don’t think its possible.

Create a custom state on the repeating group that you add the emails to when the user clicks on the email. Then on the checkbox, add a condition to change the icon and icon color when the repeating group custom state list contains current cells text.

Then when you are ready to send the email, us the custom state to send the email to that group.

1 Like

@jdiaz

Thank you that is really clever. The only part im stuck on is adding the emails to the custom state.

Im guessing I create a custom event for when the checkbox is checked?

@tom14 - you will need to create two workflows for when the checkbox is clicked.

WF1 - happens only when the repeating group custom state does not contain current cell’s text. Add an action to set custom state and it should be repeating group custom state add current cell’s text.

WF2 - happens only when the repeating group custom state does contain current cell’s text. Add the custom state action and it should be repeating group custom state remove current cell’s text.

On the checkbox icon, add a condition to it: when repeating group custom state contains current cell’ text - change the icon to a checkbox.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your help!!! I finally got it to work thanks to you!

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.