Unknown URL Scheme

Hi Everyone,

Was going back and forth with the Bubble support team about an error that causes an Unknown URL Scheme when being redirected from a payment screen at Flutterwave’s hosted payment page.

This is the error I’m receiving.

DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for chrome-extension://liecbddmkiiihnedobmlmillhodjkdmb/js/content.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME

Bubble says it’s related to the browser, I have two people including me so far reporting this issue, I can’t really see how this is browser-related. When I press F5, the error seems to go away?

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Hi Mido,

I see 2 source map warnings (yellow) and 1 error (red). The warnings apparently pertain to Chrome extensions that you have installed and can be safely ignored. (Source maps just make it easier for developers to debug minified JS code, and apparently the source maps were not included when the extensions were published.)

What I don’t understand, however, is why a POST request is being made to your Bubble account’s plugin listing page. It appears to have a query string parameter related to the Flutterwave payment system. Seems like your plugin page might have inadvertently been used as a webhook URL?

-Steve

For demo purposes, I was using my plugin page. The issue arises on my bubble apps too. Basically on any page that it’s redirected to.

If your concern is the yellow warnings, then the options are:

• Ignore them.
  • Disable source maps entirely in the dev console.
  • Disable the offending extensions.

-Steve

I’m getting a blank page, that’s the main issue outside of the warnings. Not sure how that’s happening though. Redirecting to apps hosted outside of Bubble works just fine :frowning:

Well, what’s the actual URL to which you will redirect? (I would expect an error when attempting to post to a Bubble account page.)

EDIT: Still not entirely clear on whether your concern is the yellow warnings or the red error.

Whatever the issue you’re experiencing, I don’t think it’s related to the source map warnings. (If you wanted to be sure, you could temporarily disable the extensions.)

-Steve

Sure, I can create a link for you if you wish. Do you want me to add any redirect URL? I also think the POST request is causing an error, for demo purposes I filled in my Back-end workflow link to check what would happen.

I’ll be in touch with Flutterwave on this.

Well, I’m not all that familiar with the Flutterwave API, but most redirects are GET requests, whereas webhooks can be GET, POST, PUT, etc.

It seems like the POST request might be a webhook URL, but I’d have to see the Flutterware docs on the specific API call you’re working with to help further.

-Steve

1 Like

It’s meant to redirect the user to a success page with a parameter value in the URL. The one thing that caught me off guard is the POST request sent along with it, seems to crash the page. I’ll be in touch with Flutterwave.

Thanks so far!

1 Like

Update: I’ve gotten this to work using Bubble’s back-end API Endpoint as a 302 Page redirect.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.