[Updated feature] CSV data export overhaul

Hi @aless, when I export a field which has a list of things the csv outputs it in xxxx , xxxx format but when I come to upload the same csv it asks for the format to be [xxxxx,xxxxx] instead. Is there a way to make the export same as the upload requirements please?

Iā€™m having a lot of trouble with the new csv export. When I click the link, it opens the csv data directly in a browser window. Actually, only Safari does that. Both Chrome and Firefox tell me I donā€™t have permission to view the data. Am I doing something wrong or should I submit a bug report?

Not sure if this is what your platform is doing, but I had my default browser as Safari even though I use Chrome all the time for Bubble. When I click the email, it tries to bring me to my default browser . This will give a similar error to what you have there. If I copy the same link directly into Chrome, it works fine.

When I copy and paste the link into Chrome, I see this error:

Please make sure that youā€™re signed into your Bubble account and can access the appā€™s editor in order to access the file - this is to keep them secure and make sure that only you can access your appā€™s data!

If youā€™re still having trouble, please reach out to our team at support@bubble.io

Thanks, @eve, that did the trick. Should I submit a bug report for the compatibility issue with Safari?

Yes please, weā€™d be happy to investigate!

1 Like

Hi Josh, I just wanted to update you with a solution I found for Safari. When the file opens directly in the browser window as shown in the screenshot, go to File > Save Asā€¦ and choose ā€œPage Sourceā€ as the format. Thatā€™ll download the .csv to whatever folder you specify.

3 Likes

@aless @eve

Is there a bug with this? Iā€™ve never been able to get the email through, Iā€™ve tried multiple accounts including my own and clients throughout the last few months but the email never arrives.

Please can you look into this?

Did you file a bug report with bubble? If not, I recommend it If your experiencing this issue. I can confirm that Iā€™m receiving the export emails.

1 Like

OK thanks Giles - Iā€™ll do that

1 Like

@aless Can I second this feature request please? Would be really useful to initiate this export from a workflow so my team can run a weekly backup of the data

1 Like

@josh This has become a real showstopper for us. In our specific use case business users are trying to download a csv containing 32000 records of data generated through the month. Making the export feature available through the front end seems to be the only viable solution unless some clever people like @eli can figure out a way to build something like a ā€œpaginatedā€ csv creator. The only issue with this is the volume of data as I believe front end requests return all fields in a data type, not only the specific fields requested.