Use typed text and value for Search box

I am using the Search box with Dynamic choices. I have a button next to it that “creates a new thing” based on "typed text. However, the issue I’m running into is that I can’t use both “typed text” and “value” together and the results display in a repeating group.

Just to clarify- I can get results to display in the repeating group (only if I type a new entry not currently stored in the database to query dynamically) however, I can type a “stored” entry and have it display.

Any ideas what is going on?

1 Like

I am having a similar issue.

• I have searchbox A connected to a custom state A. When value of searchbox A changes, I want the value of custom state A to change similarly. The issue is the Searchbox “allows entries not in list when types”. The custom state value is set to be the same as the “typed text” of the searchbox. Hence, when I type something not already in the list the searchbox does a search in, the custom state changes correctly. However, when I choose a value from the suggestions of the searchbox, it does not! Any help would be appreciated!
1 Like