Using Regex to replace special characters with US English alphabetical charactres

Hello,

think to update the plugin because I just added different characters.
Now can you test if the ones you needed are modified correctly?

Thanks

Thanks a lot,

1 Like

Hey! Great plugin, I’ve purchased it for 2 apps.

However, now I am having a problem, I need it to stop removing characters like commas and periods.

It would be perfect if we could type as an input which characters we want it to ignore (don’t mess with them).

Hope you can do this. Please let me know if you do.
Thanks!

2 Likes

That’s a great question!
I think it’s possible!
I have to think about it because you have to be able to insert several special characters, recognize them and then delete them, one by one!
I’m thinking about it and I’m having fun with a function.
It will probably be the subject of an additional plugin (which I will offer you if I can’t put it in this one)
Thanks for the idea…
I’m always looking for new challenges and needs from Bubble users.

1 Like

Do you want to have fun with this plugin!
You must remember to insert a | between each character you want to make disappear.
Kind regards,
If you see other ways to improve it, let me know!
I’ll help you the best I can.
I had to create another plugin to add this function to not break the previous one which works perfectly.
Please contact me, I’ll be glad to offer it to you.
@ soon and thanks for this challenge which was very interesting…
I put you the link to test on my page !
Keep me informed of your tests.
with kind regards,

1 Like

Hey! Thanks for taking the time to do that plugin. I am afraid it is not what I had in mind.

I mean, I still wanted everything else that the original plugin does (replacing characters like “á” into “a”), but I wanted to be able to say, for example: "Hey plugin, ignore the "é"s and the "$“s” in this action (don’t replace them), but keep replacing everything else that is in your default settings.

Anyways, I think the new plugin that you did might be useful for other cases, maybe in a future I might need it. Good job! :+1:

1 Like

Yes, it seems that we didn’t understand each other!
In fact I need some context so that I understand how the plugin should be used and for what purpose?
Try to be as precise as possible with concrete examples!

1 Like

In my case, I am using it to send strings to an API. This API throws errors if in the string that I pass in my calls there are some special characters like ç, $ and others. However, the API can handle some special characters like á, é, periods and commas.

For that reason, I’d like to be able to tell to your Cleanup Regex Plugin to ignore á, é, periods and commas (I don’t’ want them to be replaced).

You’d only have to add an input field to the plugin, and the logic behind it, of course.

The input label would be something like this:

“Type below the characters that you want the plugin to ignore (don’t want to get them replaced):”

1 Like

I’m thinking about the plugn and working on it tomorrow.
I already have an idea

2 Likes

Wow, finally, I made it!
What a pain!
In fact, escaping a single character was easy but escaping several was another matter.
Now it’s done!

Can you try this page ?
The plugin is still under analysis by the Bubble team before being accepted!

I couldn’t put it in the previous plugin at all because the algorithmic logic wasn’t the same at all and the risk was too big that it would create bugs for all the previous users.

Here is the explanation of the plugin:

This is an evolution of my previous Plugin : Cleanup REGEX Url-SEO/API Optimizer
various requests were made to me to make the function evolve and to allow to ignore certain special characters which could remain necessary (in particular within the framework of various API)
It was necessary to be able to clean the strings of most of the special characters but to be able to keep some of them.
This is now the case with this ultimate plugin REGEX

2 Likes

Hey! Great job! It is working perfectly, please let me know when it is out

2 Likes

I have them deployed, but it seems that Bubble is very late in accepting plugins. Some time ago, it was done in just a few days. I feel like that time is very very far away!
I’m glad this plugin is working and giving you satisfaction.
Have you been able to test it and torture it a bit (or a lot)?

3 Likes

Yes! I used a character generator to test it with thousands of characters as input and it worked well

3 Likes

Salvou de novo jovem…hehe vlw Vini

3 Likes

This is amazing :star_struck::star_struck:
Thank you for making this! I am so glad this exist now.
I was really needing it

1 Like

You should ask the Bubble team to speed up the acceptance of the plugin as I still haven’t heard from them.
Maybe if their customers say they want it, it will speed up the release!
nice evening to all…

Great!

Bubble just accepted plugins!

That’s great :+1:

Thanks to those who pushed to speed up the verification…

The plugin is available at this address:

It’s a pleasure to see that this plugin has such potential to serve you…

1 Like

Just purchased it, thanks!

Thank you so much !
;D

If you have any questions let me know!

Hi there! @franck.marcheix , I was wondering if you could please add this expression to the plugin: \s{2,}

(More info about the expression: RegExr: Learn, Build, & Test RegEx)

The idea is to remove any tabs, 2 or more spaces and replace them with a single space.

Example:

Hi,

My name is                John.

Would be converted to:

Hi, my name is John.

Please let me know if you do it. Thanks!