Volume discounts

Hey,

I’m looking to enable seller to provide discount rates based on the volume of product a buyer is looking to purchase. Ideally they can select the quantity thresholds and the price at each threshold. Any idea how I can make this work?

Regards,

Mike

Product Thing: Three field: Basic price, volume discout price and threshold.
Condition that will using discount price to calculate the total if quantity >= threshold field.

Hi Jici,

Thanks for the insight. I’ve added the relevant fields but am struggling at the checkout. I have managed to show the value of the order by creating 4 different text elements each associated with their allocated discount price. These become visible when the order quantity is within their relevant quantity threshold.

Any idea how I can use the SumProduct feature with 4 potential prices, to only use the relevant price based on the quantity?

Mike

This depend on how you manage your “cart”.
For example, if the user add a product, you can create a “cart” item to the current “order” thing.
When user press a button “add to cart”, this will trigger two workflows but only one will run because of condition:
WF1 = If Input Quantity < Current product treshold
Create a new Cart item: Fields: Product = Current product, Price = Current product regular price, Quantity = Input field quantity, Total: Current product price * Input quantity. Update current order fields “Cart item”: Cart item:add item Result of step One
WF2 = If Input Quantity >= Current product treshold
Create a new Cart item: Fields: Product = Current product, Price = Current product discounted price, Quantity = Input field quantity, Total: Current product discounterprice * Input quantity. Update current order fields “Cart item”: Cart item:add item Result of step One

If you don’t use cart and order, you can just use condition like I show in WF and calculate the total according to the qty to select the correct price.

Thanks really appreciate the help - got it working :slight_smile:

1 Like