Why it looks so slow?

I read somewhere that Bubble (recently?) changed to front load pages when visited for the first time or after an update is deployed.

Recently my own page jumped from a few seconds load time to well over 10seconds after I deploy an update. I cleared my cache and visited a few other bubble apps and saw load times from 10sec all the way up to crazy 20sec. I also see this when previewing the app, which has significantly slowed down development for me personally, as I like to tweak and preview, and tweak and preview. There’s probably merit in taking the hit on the first visit and gain improved speeds for repeat visits. Most of us are building repeat users anyway.

However, from the literature out there, if a page takes up to 10sec to load, most visitors will simply just leave. I’m probably too old to qualify as a low attention span millennial, but that certainly aligns with my browsing behaviour.

My plan is to use Webflow as a landing page. Webflow has other benefits when used as a lead to bring new users in. But in no way can it rival Bubble on the app level, and neither is it meant to.

It does increase cost, but neither of them are outrageously expensive on the lower tier plans.

I might of course be completely wrong, and bubble loads super fast for everyone else, but that’s my take on it, YMMV :slight_smile:

1 Like