Will the things in a list lose its reference when we delete its parent data type in the subsequent action?

Hey Guys,

Will the things in a list lose its reference when we delete its parent data type in the subsequent action?

Here’s a sample workflow

1. Delete a list of things (separate datatype) Datasource: Product’s list of things
  2. Delete Product

As we all know, Bubble tries to finish a workflow in the fastest and most efficient way possible and does not wait for an action to finish before running the next action.

With that in mind, will the things in the list lose reference i.e. will fail to delete if the product will be deleted? Or will the list be placed in a static state where it will still be deleted even if its parent data type have been deleted?

If it’ll lose reference, here are some workarounds that I thought about:

1. Placing the delete a list of things in a custom event so that action #2 won’t run if action #1 hasn’t finished
  2. Using the expression :make static to well, make the list static.
    However, there seems to be an issue with this function where people say it doesn’t work :make static . What does this Bubble creature do besides taking space in the manual and properties dropdown?
  3. Creating a recursive workflow to delete everything in the list one by one and delete the product if all the things have been deleted

Would greatly appreciate anyone’s feedback here. Thanks

When I’m deleting a user, I regularly do what you do (delete all data where user = Current User) before deleting the user in the same workflow you laid out and have never had any problems! As long as you’re not deleting the product first, I think you’re good.